Job description / Role
• To ensure maintenance tasks and certification of aircraft during maintenance scheduled and unscheduled inputs are carried out to the highest possible standards of safety, quality and serviceability. To ensure appropriate application of certification privileges in accordance with the limitations of Company Authorizations;
• Ensure the zones/aircraft to which assigned are maintained IAW the approved documentation issued by approved authorities ensuring compliance is maintained to the latest revisions applicable to Technical Publications e.g. Aircraft documentation, Technical Notices, Quality Notices, Procedures Manual, etc.
• Individuals must ensure their personal approval/licensing requirements are valid and applicable to aircraft types worked through close liaison with Quality Assurance;
• Ensure all off-aircraft tasks i.e. spares handling, etc. are handled strictly IAW Company procedures and all the relevant paperwork is actioned in a way that provides full transparency to all involved;
• Ensure that all activities performed and personnel responsible for are closely monitored to ensure the best possible application of safety rules and regulations are applied ensuring full understanding and adherence to Company procedures. Individuals must highlight deficiencies/ requirements (whether for aircraft or hangar use) through the effective use of reports in support of the overall quality improvement process;
• Establish effective communications with all departments, managers and sub-ordinates to maintain a seamless flow of information to highlight/detect and address any scenarios/events that might be disruptive to the operation;
• Ensure all relevant reports pertaining to issues of service delays, incidents and accidents, are completed in detail identifying all elements leading up to events. This includes completion of the necessary documentation including all relevant information that will allow rectification of defects by concerned sections through short-term maintenance planning. Additional reviews of all other activities/actions must be performed to allow process improvements to be implemented as necessary;
• Attend training modules as and when required by the Company to enhance skills and understanding that will benefit the business;
• Be available to be deployed anywhere throughout the structure including diversionary airfields to assist in the recovery process of an AOG (Aircraft on Ground);
• Must be available to assume duties and responsibilities of lead support staff as delegated by the section manager; The employee shall ensure that all company and Clients/Customers information will be kept strictly confidential at all times;
• The employee shall comply with the occupational health and safety regulations at all time;
• Without question, the employee will be required to conduct any task, concerning Operations, which is asked of them by their Line and Senior Managers;
• The employee will be required to attend duty trips.
Essential technical and professional skills, knowledge and qualifications
• Holder of aircraft apprenticeship, aircraft engineering diploma, or equivalent part 147 basic training certificate in relevant field, (Mechanical or Avionic);
• Holder of EASA PART 66 license B1/B2 with B737 NG aircraft type rating;
• Qualified in accordance with Appendix IV to EASA Part 145;
• Holder of Part 147 training certificate in relevant aircraft type, (theoretical and practical elements);
• Extensive experience as a Certifying Engineer in the relevant aircraft maintenance environment.
• Continuation Training (FTS, EWIS and Human Factor (Module 9), Module 10, PART 145, Quality System, SMS, MOE/ WPM as required;
• English language level proficient;
• Driving License or the ability to convert existing License to Bahrain License
Additional / special features of the role
• Ensure compliance with the Serco Management System and all relevant business processes, procedures and work instructions to deliver all work with appropriate quality and governance standards
• Ensure security and integrity of all data provided including reporting performance, finance and customer information; reference Serco non-disclosure policy
• To exercise personal duty of care for their own health, safety and welfare and for those affected by their acts or omissions; reference SMS GSOP-HSE1-6 Serco organisational HSE responsibilities
• Ensure compliance with all training requirements of Serco and ensure adherence to these requirements at all times whilst in employment
• Report any accidents, incidents, breaches or potential breaches to appropriate management or the speak up process
About the Company
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos.
Serco customers are looking for expertise in managing their people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise economic decision makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver quality services directly to the public.
Serco supplies to governments, government enterprise, agencies and companies who seek a trusted outsourcing partner with a solid track-record of service excellence. Serco people offer operational, logistical and technical expertise in the Transport, Justice and Immigration, Defence, Education and Healthcare industries as well as in the commercial sectors of Facilities Management.
Serco Middle East have been in the Region since 1947, starting out delivering Air Traffic Control Services in Bahrain; a service we are proudly still running today and have expanded to include many other Airports in the region.
We have expanded significantly since that time across the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Qatar. We have been supporting the RTA to operate the Dubai Metro since 2009, are preparing to launch the flagship Saudi Arabia Passenger Rail service from Riyadh to Qassim in 2016. We deliver Facility Management services to both Cleveland Clinic and Healthpoint Hospitals in Abu Dhabi, large-scale medical facilities in Saudi Arabia and a range of educational and commercial properties in the UAE. We also deliver postgraduate education to Officers in the Qatar Armed Forces through the Joaan Bin Jassim Joint Command and Staff College in Doha.
Focusing on our core values, and creating a positive environment for employees to thrive, we look forward to a bright future as we continue to grow with the region.