Job description / Role
Essential and optional requirements
- Pleasant personality with a good appearance.
- Service and guest oriented.
- Good command of both written and spoken English.
- Good command of both written and spoken Arabic is a plus.
- Valid Bahraini driving license.
- Ability to work on shift basis through out the 24 hours
- Physical ability to carry weights.
- Ability to work in out door environment.
- Ability to stand at least for 8 hours per shift.
- Power Point
- Ensure that the Lobby and front entrance are kept clean, paying special attention to all glass areas as well as emptying ashtrays when required.
- Collect guest messages from communication centre / concierge and record them in the log book before delivery.
- Messages / parcels should be delivered in the required standard time (TBD).
- Ensure that all deliveries for guests are correctly recorded and then delivered to the correct destination in a timely fashion.
- Maintain a presence in the Lobby when not delivering luggage to guest rooms, offering assistance to guests, under the direction of the Bell Captain.
- Undertake the duties and responsibilities of the Doorman position, as directed by the Bell Captain.
- Ensure that all luggages are delivered immediately as instructed by Reception or Concierge and placed in the room as to the correct standard.
- Handle all guest property with extreme care
- Ensure that guests are given receipts for all items deposited with the Concierge.
- To conduct room changes as directed by the Reception.
- Ensure that all long term guests' luggage is stored correctly.
- Ensure that guest elevators are only used when is absolutely necessary and when deliveries to guest rooms are of an urgent nature.
- To assist in the departmental training of new members of staff.
- Knock on a guest's door 3 times before entering, announcing oneself.
- Be aware of all functions that are taking place in the hotel and to direct guests to the correct destination.
- Be equipped with daily arrivals for VIPs, Club Melisime, daily events report & transportation sheet.
- Participate in daily pre-shift briefings.
- Be responsible for assisting Guests in need of wheelchair assistance
- Conduct room and hotel orientation.
- Maintain the bell cart.
- Covering the door man during their break time.
- Deliver the news paper to the guest room.
- Follow the Processes of DND standard.
- Always keep the store room clean.
- Luggage storage will also be offered 24 hours and with no charge to the guest.
- The store room will be locked at all times and controlled by the colleague in charge of the facility.
- Luggage will be tagged prior to placing it in storage and the guest will be given a tag for retrieval.
- All lost and founds will be reported to the security Department.
- Level of Education Secondary professional education Areas of study Hospitality Professional experiences 1 to 2 years Languages essential English Optional languages Arabic
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies