Job description / Role
Our client is one of the well know diversified holding group, and they are currently looking to hire a Branch Manager for their Supermarket.
The Branch Manager is responsible for overseeing all the activities that play out in the store.
He/she is expected to provide effective management and ensure the transformation of the supermarket. The Branch Manager is expected to be at the center of top quality service delivery to the customers, enhance customer satisfaction, meet sales and profitability goals and manage staff effectively.
• Adhere to all company policies, procedures, health & safety regulations and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
• Know and adhere to Quality Standards for customer service.
• Responsible for the daily operations of the category across all branches and delegating work.
• Work closely with Operations Manager, Merchandise Manager and Suppliers to achieve the targets.
• Study existing and new legislation and advising management on needed action.
• Establish and coordinate the commercial relationships with the key suppliers (local and foreign where applicable).
• Identify and explore new opportunities and avenues for expansion.
• Improve profit and attain sales target of the supermarket.
• Deal with all complaints, queries, and other related customer service issues.
• Recruit and interview new staff for the supermarket.
• Organize training, orientation, and supervise all departmental managers.
• Organize public holidays and day off schedule of the staff.
• Oversee receiving orders and stock control.
• Assign and schedule tasks for specific employees and also follow up on the results they generate.
• Complete all the operational requirements of the store.
• Appraise, monitor, and plan tasks to be given to individual staff members.
• Discipline, counsel, and coach employees to maintain positive result generation.
• Initiate corrective actions, analyze variance, schedule expenditure, and prepare annual budget aside achieving other financial objectives of the organization.
• Recognize future and present requirements by customers.
• Establish good rapport with existing and potential customers.
• Collaborate with other members of staff that have good understanding about service requirements.
• Maintain inventories and approve contracts to ensure consistent availability of the required services and merchandise.
• Study trends, authorize clearance sales and also determine all required sales promotions.
• Review merchandising by formulating pricing policies.
• Identify profitability ratio by studying financial statements and operating statements.
• Study display plans, sale promotion, and advertising towards marketing merchandise in a profitable manner.
Minimum Job Specification Requirement:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Retail Management, HND/HNC in Retail Management or Diploma in Retail Business.
• Strong background in merchandising and vendor relationships.
• Excellent interpersonal skill.
• Able to multi-task and use initiative.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Microsoft Office proficient especially Word and Excel.
• Demonstrate good communication skills and excellent people/social skills.
• A positive attitude.
• Excellent team worker.
• Able to effectively time manage and meet deadlines.
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering
Airport Lounge Ambassador
Assistant Manager 2
Procurement & Admin Manager
Sales Manager - FMCG