Business Development Manager - Japanese Accounts
Oceanic Resources International (ORI)
Job description / Role
Bahrain Business Development Manager – Freight Forwarding
We are looking for a passionate and proactive person, with a key understanding of freight forwarding / 3PL business development. You would be responsible for implementing the sales strategy in line with the national /regional/ corporate direction and in close partnership with corporate resources and other business and functional units.
Responsibilities include operational and sales responsibility; leadership and day-to-day management for smooth running of the department; overall P & L responsibility with the goal of reaching the target. You will have direct reporting responsibilities to the regional GCC CEO in Dubai.
Your Task and Responsibilities
• Promotes customer relations, acquires new business, develops the existing client base and leads the account management
• Commercial development through own sales initiatives and by supporting sales in the relationships with key customers and opportunities and by supporting the sales.
• Provide to and monitor the provision of competitive rates and services for clients directly or through our sales organization.
• Responsible for qualification & evaluation of transportation subcontractors, in coordination with regional management team.
• Prepare monthly a ‘rolling forecast’ and support on the annual target setting process, ensuring accuracy
Your skills and experience
• Bachelor's Degree preferably in Logistics or Business Administration
• 2+ years’ experience in Transportation and Logistics, preferably gained in a 3PL environment or gained in competitive service based industries
• Strategic vision: Ability to see the “big picture”, grasp its complexity and develop vision of new business opportunities and processes
• Logistics and supply chain knowledge
• Strong customer focus
• Fluent in English and Japanese
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Independent, self-motivated and highly disciplined
• High level of commercial acumen
About the Company
Oceanic Resources International have been providing talent solutions to the global freight forwarding, shipping, supply chain and logistics industries for more than 30 years. We provide a bespoke and proactive search and selection service tailored to our client’s requirements and call upon more than 3 decades of industry knowledge and experience in attracting talented professionals for key positions. Our talent network includes industry professionals from mid to senior level and covers all major freight and logistics hubs worldwide. All of our clients are supported by experienced and dedicated Executive Search Managers.
For employers and business owners, we provide industry insight, support and advice on talent acquisition and talent pipelining. We are regularly supporting businesses in hiring management and business development professionals; in addition, we specialise in supporting our clients with specific expansion plans and projects providing expertise for product, trade lane or vertical market growth and full support for new office set up/ establishment. We can tailor our recruitment solution to your needs offering both retained and contingent search options.
For career-minded industry professionals, we are able to provide advice, industry insight, access to exclusively managed assignments and the continued support required to secure your next step on the career ladder. We pride ourselves on timely, open and honest communication at all times.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
General Manager - Luxury Automotive