Job description / Role
• An International company providing high-level professional management and consulting services that have spread throughout the Middle East, Northern Africa, Europe and North America. They are looking for a Business Development Officer to be located in Bahrain.
• To implement consumer focused business development strategies, policies, procedures and processes to ensure alignment with business needs of the organization in order to increase company revenues, profitability and business continuity.
• To develop new products/services in association with the product and service developers and providers, in a widely open and diversified and competitive market environment.
• To ensure that the business value provided by the company’s Retail is comparable with that provided by alternate retail franchises whilst balancing these Franchisee returns against the financial interests of the company.
Task and Responsibility
• To ensure implementation of the company’s Retail Marketing & Strategy Department’s processes and strategies, operations procedures, guidelines and policies to ensure proper alignment with The company’s Retails rules and regulations and business objectives.
• To ensure that efficient and effective support is provided to Marketing & Strategy Manager to develop and market diversified business solutions to the identified franchisee/customers.
• Act pro-actively to avoid supply/service interruption by reminding franchisees of impending end to contract dates and discussing business plans with them on how to proceed.
• Maintain an on-going dialogue with finance, Marketing Systems and audit to ensure the provision of quality information systems to Franchisees while guaranteeing the full disclosure of retail sales and associated income.
• Work closely with the Marketing & Strategy Manager and act as the Company’s foremost advocate for the business development, directing all business promotional efforts.
• Prepare periodical status/activity report for his/her section, as requested from time to time by the Management.
• Participate in preparing and coordinating the periodical “Key Performance Indicators” for Marketing & Strategy Department. Implement corrective actions/provide relevant recommendations to improve KPI’s.
• Obtain budgetary proposals and assist user department in setting their annual budget for Business Development.
• Assist the Marketing & Strategy Manager in managing the department budget.
• Education and Experience
• Bachelor of Business in Marketing, Accounting or Economics.
• Membership in Professional Bodies preferred.
• Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in Business Development or similar job in a retail chain firm.
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering