Job description / Role
Our client is a pioneer in the advertising industry in the region. Independent but affiliated with a global brand. It’s fully integrated, being able to offer advertising, design, media buying, Social Media management, PR and Events under one roof.
Business Director (BD)
The BD will be primarily responsible for identifying and developing business from new leads as well as from existing clients, approaching these with both a commercial and creative mindset. This would also include exploring ways to use their Network brands to generate business in the region as well as in Bahrain.
The BD will also lead a set of accounts within the agency, working towards agreed financial targets, ensuring that they are profitable, and growing. BD will take responsibility for the delivery of quality creative work that meets the client’s needs and addresses their business problems. They will do so through the effective Management and enthusiastic Account Management team, and will be expected to lead and inspire others inside and outside the agency.
• Business development, client management and growth
• Identifying, developing and converting new business opportunities with existing and potential clients.
• Ensuring the profitability and growth of client accounts.
• Will need a good strategic mind as we don’t currently have a dedicated Account Planner.
• Negotiating contracts and fees with clients at all levels.
• Managing the work, performance and professional development of team members.
• Leading and inspiring those outside of the core team, including creative teams.
• Reporting key financial and team data to the agency’s senior leadership.
• Maintaining a detailed awareness of relevant market trends and opportunities, and developments in the wider advertising and communications industry.
We’re looking for a Business Director who is
• Confident growing business from potential and existing clients.
• Commercially and creatively astute. An Effective negotiator.
• Able to inspire the CS team, the wider agency, clients, and other partners.
• Used to working effectively and happily in a strongly multi-cultural environment.
• Unafraid to take charge when necessary, be decisive and then build support for those decisions.
• Responsible and accountable for their own and others’ work, delegating effectively to balance a varied and demanding workload, and appreciates that the team working well can achieve much more than any individual.
• Prepared to share credit and shoulder difficulties.
• Good at evaluating creative work; able to give and receive feedback to support its development.
• Knowledgeable and passionate about their client’s business, and where and how advertising contributes to its success.
Where you come from, and where you will go
• We will expect you to have considerable agency experience as an Account Director or Business Director from large agencies.
• We would expect you to have a proven track record in business growth in an agency environment (a significant portion of your remuneration will be based on agreed performance targets).
• We would expect you to demonstrate the qualities to take over as Client Services Director in the foreseeable future - depending on the commercial and creative success of your accounts, your effectiveness in winning and growing new business, and your ability to lead and develop teams.
The General Manager and Client Services Director. BD will also report to the Finance Director on account profitability. BD will manage staff within their team, being accountable for their performance and providing them with professional development opportunities.
About the Company
"One Vision for Consultancy" is a one stop professional service provider specialising in:
Employment Consultancy (Human Asset Recruitment & Talent Acquisition): Using a competency based frame work; we indentify the best candidates to fit your unique organisational needs. The objective is to ensure recruitment of high potential talent for long term retention with the capability of achieving succession planning in the organisation. We offer both contingency and retained search.
Our executive team, with their strong corporate and business backgrounds and track record of success, will help you identify and recruit candidates within a short time frame to meet your business needs and requirements. We source talent worldwide as required by specifics or as set by the client.
Facilities Managed Services: We provide staffing resources and services for short as well as long term basis to support front and back office requirements.
Computer Software Design Development and Maintenance: Our objective is to first and foremost understand our clients and their requirements. We work with business alliance partners who have experience, highly skilled technical professionals, a working methodology and good industry knowledge. We provide our clients with solutions that are capable of driving projects to successful completion and customer satisfaction. Provide onsite IT professional for IT maintenance, support, system study, development, implementation or consultancy.
Technical Assistance to maintenance and operations of facilities: System studies, design, develop, implement, support, maintain and manage operational plant services.
Staff augmentation of professionals for short and long term projects.