Job description / Role
Our client is one of the leading Bahrain Based trading companies, operating in selected demand-led markets. They are currently looking for a Category Manager (Furniture) to be based in Bahrain.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Develop Projects owner
• Overseeing end to end development and implementation of new category area (Tiles and Marble).
• Ensure company product categories along with displays are optimized for sales and marketing.
• Research and analyse trends in sales and consumer behaviour.
• Communicate with suppliers and retailers about products.
• Leading both Buying and Merchandising team with usual KPI’s that are expected as well as additional tasks specific to Projects Team – stock management, refit store critical path, developing brand new product categories.
• Stock summaries – weekly updates with the merchandise team on stock & service.
• Produce, adapt, and advise on display and current marketing materials as needed.
• Plan and implement planograms for shelf displays.
• Optimise in-store displays with prompted signage, category markers, and category usage tips.
• Adjust strategies and materials to improve sales with new target markets.
Planning & Finance
• Project planning within own team and cross functionally at all levels especially with In-Store Experience, Store Development, Store Operations and Marketing.
• Responsible for product and financial sign off with team, with key information presented to the Management.
• Check and manage inventory for various product categories.
• Coordinate and brief market research initiatives.
• Draft reports for the organisation to enhance sales.
Qualification & Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, or Supply Chain Management.
• Three years' experience in retail sales.
• An excellent grasp of spatial, design, and promotional planning.
• Up to date with the latest category management principles.
• Proficient at evaluating current business retail practices.
• Ability to write well and generate reports on market activity.
• Possess great negotiation and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to think from a consumer perspective and understand buying behaviour.
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering