Job description / Role
• Established in Bahrain for over 20 years our Client is a leading Investment Bank. They are currently looking for a Chief Financial Officer for their office based in Khobar
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Management of the Finance functions
• Setting financial strategy, budgeting and forecasting. Providing the financial input to the overall management of the firm.
• Responsibility for integrity of entire financial process, including the accuracy of external financial statements.
• Management oversight of all aspects of corporate accounting systems, internal controls and reports. Taking responsibility for accurate monthly group management accounts, oversight of the annual audit process and stewardship of the firm’s control systems.
• Ensuring regulatory compliance with respect to external financial reporting.
• Development of monthly management reporting and including financials, AUM and KPIs.
• Ensuring that the system of internal controls is adequate to protect the company and provides reasonable assurance that the financial records are reliable for preparation of financial statements.
• Internal Process Improvement: Define and implement process improvements. This will involve ensuring the adequacy of internal controls, proposing process improvements, championing those changes within the organization and ensuring adherence with the new processes on an ongoing basis.
• Oversight of investor accounting activities, investment transactions, reconciliations, transaction accounting, valuations and reporting.
• Represent Finance Operations through participation on Management Committees of the firm.
• Management of all aspect of Finance Operations teams, with responsibility for hiring and recruitment, leave planning, career development, ongoing evaluation, secure back-up and periodic appraisal.
• Responsible for development and compliance with policies, procedures of internal controls to protect the company - the scope is extended to all areas related to financial matter of the Company
• Responsible for preparing and executing of business strategy and plans set by CEO for the Finance Operations teams.
• Develop; provide commercial/financial insight and analysis to support CEO and other senior manager to achieve corporate goals.
• Build effective relationship with the board, business unit heads, senior management, remote offices and external service providers.
• Oversight the annual audit process and manage audit cycle for the Company and SPVs.
Qualifications & Experiences:
• A finance qualification from an internationally recognized accounting body with 10+ years’ experience.
• 15+ years’ experience in senior Finance Operations
• Experience setting up Finance operations.
• ACCA,CFA or any other relevant certificates
• Previous experience in Investment Banking
• Working knowledge of and experience of IFRS
• Sound management skills with established supervisory experience of working teams
• Fluency in English and excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Good team worker.
• Strong analytical skills and knowledge of financial systems.
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
LITASCO Middle East DMCC