Job description / Role
We are seeking a seasoned Risk professional for the position of Chief Risk Officer for a bank in Bahrain.
Key requirements :
- Good understanding of banking business and the wider industry and its regulatory environment.
- Understanding of the sensitivity of potential issues identified.
- Ability to provide regulatory guidance and interpretation to business unit and support function personnel, monitor issue to resolution, and follow up to validate potential issues are resolved in accordance with the applicable regulatory requirement.
- Teamwork with the Sharia, Legal, Corporate Communications, Financial Control, Internal Audit, and the various business units.
- Ability to interpret the regulatory requirements and apply them to the business processes and effectively communicate to the business unit and support function personnel is extremely important.
- Understanding of CBB Rulebooks.
- Understanding of Basel II, FAS/IFRS (applicable provisions).
- Audit examination ability.
- Excellent ability to interpret and communicate regulatory guidance.
- Experience in developing and implementing risk management policies, programs, and procedures, including regulatory risk assessments.
- Ability to influence people in other department and functions to achieve consensus on regulatory risk issues and appropriate mitigation.
- Excellent analytical, communication (verbal and written), organizational, business acumen, and report writing skills.
- Hold a degree from a university at Bachelor level or higher or relevant professional qualification, including Advanced Diploma in Islamic Finance.
- Have relevant certification(s) specific to this role. Such certifications may include but are not limited to:
* Institute of Risk Management qualifications (IRM); or
* Financial Risk Manager (FRM); or
* Professional Risk Manager (PRM); or Other relevant qualifications.
- 7 years of practical experience in a bank and of which at least 5 years in a risk management position.
About the Company
Human Capital House was set up in the year 2013 with a vision to be a progressive talent acquisition partner for organizations within the local and regional market in the Middle East.
As international markets get ever demanding, corporations globally are presented with the challenges of attracting the right talent. Human capital retention and recruitment remain a critical factor to the success of any company. Strategic decision to recruit the right talent is a key issue to organization as wrong candidate selection can potentially be disastrous to their efficiency.
The critical aspect of choosing the right individual with the apt experience and knowledge becomes more crucial as he/she would need to share the ambitions of the employer, while fitting in to the new culture. Human Capital House has both the experience and expertise to help its clients make the right choice of selection. From understanding client requirements, through identifying and assessing the candidates, our systematic approach strives to ensure successful executive recruitment.
Chief Risk Officer (CRO)
Chief Risk Officer
One Vision for Consultancy
Chief Operating Officer - Banking
Human Capital House
Chief Executive Officer - Ecommerce
Al Reem International Construction
|Abu Dhabi||23 Dec|
Chief Operating Officer (COO)