Job description / Role
The Director of Hospitality is responsible for the successful overall direction, administration, and coordination of all activities of the Hospitality division including hotel, F&B, and salon and spa operations in accordance with the company’s established policies, procedures, and internal controls.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Interacts effectively with the public and Team Members. Performs excellent customer service at all times.
• Creates, develops and implements an effective strategy of organization for the Hospitality division, coordinating with all levels of management to determine objectives for successful operations and future development of services.
• Generates, through proper supervision of assigned departments, projected revenue levels and consistent guest satisfaction.
• Remains current on business trends and activities in the local market.
• Establishes operational unity among all departments within the division, as well as cross-divisional operational unity.
• Establishes and maintains exceptional standards for personnel administration and performance, guest service, room rates, occupancy levels, advertising, and special events.
• Allocates funds, authorizes expenditures in accordance with the company’s SOPs, and assists in planning budgets for all departments within Hospitality.
• Guides and supports department heads in operational, staffing, and financial matters.
• Analyzes service and general operations of all departments in the division on a daily basis, giving feedback and offering direction, as needed.
• Maintains a working knowledge of marketing principles and market segments, in order to assist the F&B and Salon and Spa Managers in establishing selling strategies to meet revenue and service objectives.
• Facilitates the flow of information, by organizing and presiding over regularly scheduled meetings with the Hospitality management team.
• Prepares financial forecasts; monitors Hospitality budget, to ensure effective cost-controls are maintained. Ensures to the highest degree for the accuracy and thoroughness of divisional records and reports.
• Maintains a consistent, regular attendance record.
• Usher as needed by management for events.
• Performs any reasonable request made by Management.
• Directly supervises the activities of Hotel, F&B, and Salon and Spa management staff and indirectly supervises the activities of Team Members throughout Hospitality division.
• Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Company’s policies and applicable laws.
• Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training Team Members; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and coaching Team Members; addressing concerns and resolving problems.
BHD 2,500 to 3,500 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
• The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality, Hotel Management, Business Administration, or relevant field of studies, with a minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Director or above in Hotel Management or related areas at a property the same-size or larger.
• Must possess excellent communication, organizational, and analytical skills.
• A minimum of 10 years progressive leadership experience.
• Ability to understand the in-depth intricacies of the sales, engineering, housekeeping, laundry, and front office divisions required.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex of documents, such as technical journals, financial reports and legal documents.
• Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from guests, regulatory authorities, or members of the business community.
• Ability to effectively present information to top management, and public groups.
About the Company
Edara Consultancy is a company that offers top tier Human Resources and Administration outsourcing solutions and provide companies and business owners an alternative choice for managing their Human Resources function.
In a globalized and competitive market as well as the ever growing local and international regulations, the demand for HR services whether on a basic or sophisticated level has become compulsory. Edara consultancy was established to address these needs and provide business owners flexible options by choosing the service that best fits their business.