Job description / Role
- At all times, present the client and stakeholders with the highest level of service, information and professionalism in all dealings with their event.
- Preparation and follow-up of conference (non-residential), corporate and social function proposals, tailored to specifically meet the needs of each client using the Inspired Meetings Offerings.
- Complete organisation of conference, corporate, major events and social events from confirmation to post-event follow-up in order to ensure client satisfaction.
- Prepare event orders, action plans and other relevant paperwork to effectively communicate guests' needs to internal and external sources.
- Use of PMS to accurately record all activities, contacts etc
- Qualify prospective leads as to profitability.
- Coordination and hosting of site inspection activity including follow-up.
- Be present in the lobby to greet clients and be ready to proceed with inspections a minimum of 10 minutes prior to agreed meeting time.
- Answer all correspondence and enquiries received during the working week within 24 hours of receipt; maintain good public relations with customers.
- Liaise between Inspired Meetings Concierges and clients as necessary.
- Represent the Hotel at various functions and meetings as necessary.
- Attend internal and external meetings as necessary.
- Liaise with other Hotel Departments and within the Conference and Event Sales department effectively.
- Follow up outstanding accounts.
- Handle inquiries and 'walk-ins' as required.
- Produce correspondence as required.
- Assist Conference and Event Operations as necessary.
- Sell all Hotel Services.
- Work in association with Conference & Events Sales team to ensure deadlines are achieved.
- Develop close relationships with Other Hotels, Hotel suppliers and contractors and all event clients, past, present and future.
- Undertake evening and weekend duty shifts as requested.
- Ensure there is an active presence in the hotel as required by business demands or customer and staff needs.
- Alert management of any potential concerns to enable prompt attention.
- Conduct thorough client and staff briefings as necessary.
- Develop through knowledge of competitive properties.
- Maintain a professional appearance at all times and to conduct personal behaviour in a mature and professional business manner when representing the Hotel.
- Carefully respond to all requests for explanations or any complaints by the customer within 48 hours. If this is not possible, inform the customer precisely when he or she can expect a response and ensure delivery on this promise.
Other Specific Duties (inludes but not limited to):
- Answer all client enquiries with a positive presentation of the hotel and the Inspired Meetings service.
- Confirm event feasibility within 24 hours based on room availability and budget.
- Send proposal within 24 hours.
- Personalize the proposal and scrupulously follow customer specifications
- Verify ability to deliver the IT and audiovisual requirements of the event.
- Lead overall organization of the event.
- One week prior, brief the Inspired Meetings Concierge.
- Handle the invoice and check meticulously all the billing details.
- Meet with the client to gain feedback and ensure that he / she had a good experience.
- Take any client complaints / concerns into consideration and find compensations.
- Inform the guest of any special future promotions and further promote the Sofitel network.
- Send out the bill within two days of the end of the meeting, accompanied by a letter of thanks and follow up with a courtesy call to check that it has been received within 48 hours of dispatch.
- Follow up the relationship with the customer after any event and enquire about any future needs.
- Level of Education Bachelor / Licence Areas of study Other Professional experiences 1 to 2 years Languages essential English Optional languages Finnish
Essential and optional requirements
- 12 months' experience in the provision of Luxury service in any sector of the hospitality industry
- Strong administration skills & highly organized with excellent attention to detail
- Proficient in using Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Initiates contact and establish rapport easily
- Personalizes communication style and method as appropriate for clients' needs
- Handles tasks carefully and correctly - is thorough and exact in details with a sense of urgency
- Is observant with a perception for ones surroundings.
- Demonstrates versatility in responding to guest requests and situations.
- Remains calm and effective in high volume work situations.
- Good team player; contributes to and assists co-workers without being asked.
- Has the aptitude and willingness to undertake further development.
- Available to join the property as soon as possible.
- Fluency in English language
- Power Point
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.