Job description / Role
Job Title: Facilities & Operations Manager
Division/Department: Property Management
Job Location: Bahrain
Reports To: Head of Property & Facilities Management
- Manage and control all service providers to ensure smooth operations of the property.
- To use all reasonable endeavours to reduce the service charge post the commencement of the Term not to exceed 2.8 per leasable square meter per month for the Towers and to the range of BD 3.5 per leasable square meter per month for the Mall whilst maintaining and enhancing all service levels and standards of work. Plan ways to reduce the cost to 2.5 per leasable sqm in the long run.
- Cooperate with the owners’ office on operational matters.
- Liaise with other department heads as and when necessary. Should have a proactive and preventive approach.
- Complete tendering process 3 months prior to expiry of the existing service contracts
- Evaluate tendering, complete the process, present to Client and assist in appointing the contractors.
- Evaluate KPI’s and advise client in their operational section of the monthly report.
- Review existing contracts and advise Client and revising the process which will have impact on savings.
- Achieve reduction by 10% as and when possible during SLA re-tendering without compromising the quality of Building standards
- Control and manage capex projects within the approved budget and time frame
- Prepare Capex budget for the medium and long term.
- Advise Client where external expertise required and co-ordinate on appointment on such expert consultants.
- Create sinking fund as capital reserve to process capex payment.
- Monitor and control the fit out works and ensure compliance to the stipulated time and procedures as per the lease agreement deadlines.
- All vacant units should be kept in order and proper hoarding should be installed well on time. The FO Manager should liaise with PM and LM on the progress and the MA should liaise with the tenant to complete the fit out works well on time.
- Budget submission & Analysis to be submitted by 30th September of each year
- Conduct periodical inspection for the whole property and all projects and provide inspection report once a month with analysis of systems status, up keeping of equipment, progress and quality of works. Closely work with Leasing Manager in providing vacant spaces and spaces that could be leased to generate additional revenue.
- Monitor and Control utilities consumption and provide opportunities to achieve reductions in consumption.
- Achieve reduction by 10% of the consumption by applying various tools. Management may consider a reasonable incentive if achieved.
- Chilled water methodology:
- Analyse and advice client on actual usage, payments to supplier and control the cost. Should have knowledge in District Cooling supply model.
- Provide opportunities to implement sustainability aspects on equipment’s management and cost control
- Conduct risk analysis of the property / Building for whole infrastructure and provide recommendations to mitigate the risks.
- To deal with emergency situations when arises, and to ensure smooth recovery asap.
- Liaise with authorities to conduct required inspections and drills and provide analysis of the same
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in the relevant field
- Should have through knowledge in line with FIDIC / RICS / IFMA / BIFM
- Experience in preparing agreements and contracts
- Computer proficiency including MS Office and MS Excel
- Good communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Maintain cordial relationship with team members and other departments
About the Company
italent has been around since 2012, when we saw that businesses needed better talent solutions for their employment requirements. By focusing our efforts on quality products and services that are simple-to-use and innovative, our team brings you the best results without any unexpected additional costs and unnecessary complications. Simply put, we love helping businesses find and keep the right people.