Job description / Role
A leading company that provides Management of motor sports; organizes fairs and exhibitions; provides public relations services such as planning of wedding, event management and concerts.
They are currently looking for a Finance Manager to be based in Bahrain.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Manage monthly closing of financial records and posting of month end information; ensures accuracy of financial statements.
• Provide accounting assistance to business stakeholders; responds to financial questions/concerns to meet business needs.
• Establish, maintain, and coordinate the implementation of accounting control procedures.
• Laisse independently with external and internal auditors in completing audits and resolving any highlighted audit points.
• Develop system reports required for management, financial reporting and general ledger reconciliations.
• Monitor and review accounting and related system reports for accuracy and completeness
• Control and manage tax filling for all BU and insure compliance with Taxes law and regulation.
• Coordinate and manage relations with Tax Consultants and external auditors.
• Perform project cost forecasts/budgets, cost tracking, monitoring and maintaining budgetary controls.
• Issue project cost reports for review and approval, follow-up on timely capitalization of Projects under progress.
• Manage and control Fixed Assets, highlight any variances and investigate them.
• Ensure intercompany cost allocations are in line with management agreements and transfer pricing policy.
Qualification & Requirements:
• Full or part qualified CA/Bachelor’s Degree in accounting
• Minimum 8-10 years relevant experience in financial & management accounting
• Experience in an Entertainment / Hospitality industry will be an advantage
• Strong planning and communication skills to be able to interact with all levels
• Strong capabilities in MS Excel
• Able to work independently under challenging conditions
• Working experience in Microsoft Dynamics will be an advantage
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering