Job description / Role
Our client is a leading foreign Islamic bank based in Bahrain. They are looking to recruit a Financial Controller.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Manages and coordinates all activities and department employees to ensure the seamless, efficient and controlled delivery of tasks.
• Responsible for Bank Reconciliation
• Ensures all financial control policies and procedures are adhered to at all times.
• Manages all Accounts Payable and Receivable efficiently and ensuring they are up to date in order to reduce exposures and credit default risks.
• Preparation of standard monthly financial reports for Group Finance.
• Preparation of Regulatory monthly/quarterly/annual reporting as applicable.
• Preparation of Annual Financial statements.
• Preparation of ad-hoc management and financial reporting to management on request.
• Maintain control over Fixed Assets and Fixed Assets procedures.
• Main point of contact for external auditors during the interim and year end Audits.
• Providing the auditors with required information and ensuring availability of proper records and accounts to facilitate smooth audits.
• Any other tasks assigned by the Chief Financial Officer.
• Drive a process of ongoing improvement in the finance department
• Develop the team, encourage team work and up skill the department
• Ensure faultless functioning of the team’s deliverables and tasks ensuring all ‘quality’ and ‘timely’ execution of daily, monthly and annual activities. Ability to set own timelines and monitor and deliver without constant guidance from supervisors.
• Ensuring full compliance with all regulatory bodies and associations thus avoiding any warning and penalties.
Qualifications & Experiences:
• Minimum 2 to 5 years of experience in a similar role preferably in a bank or financial institution
• Leadership skills and ability to set and adapt priorities, basic project management skills
• CPA, ACCA or Chartered Accounting required
• Advance knowledge of Microsoft Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Word
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to prepare detailed financial budgets, financial forecasting and cash flow projections
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering