Job description / Role
- Assigning the shift duties among colleagues then following up on the correct and complete execution of those tasks.
- Revise all cashiers' paper work and ensure accuracy of all transactions made And cash collected.
- Organize the E-Log book and ensure that all points listed are properly communicated and properly understood then obtaining colleagues' signatures on it. - Driving the shift briefings and clarify all points to the team.
- Review the daily arrivals and do their room blocking according to their preferences.
- Control the hotel rooms inventory
- Maintains a perpetual presence on the Reception Desk throughout the hours of the shift.
- Execute the check in according to Sofitel service standards.
- Execute the check out according to Sofitel service standards.
- Deal efficiently with PMS with the lowest error ratio.
- Update guest profile, ensuring that all guest data are linked and updated correctly in the different systems.
- Handle all cashier tasks and ensure that all accounts and postings have fully documented back-up.
- Handle paid outs, allowances and petty cash to the right procedures.
- Compare the Journal against the actual transactions and ensure 100% accuracy at the end of the shift and before leaving the hotel.
- Review individual floats and reconcile banking on a daily basis and immediately reporting any discrepancy to the in charge.
- Give instant support and assistance to all colleagues even without being asked.
- Seeking to acquire and increase his/her Professional and Product knowledge continuously.
- Participate in the Coverage of all Front of the house departments when needed ( Concierge - Club Millesime - Guest Relations - Communication Centre - Business Centre )
- Report any operational challenges or concerns to his/her direct Managers immediately.
- Deal with problems positively and will always expose a wise approach when it comes to handling challenging situation/Guest/Case.
- Maintain amicable and co-operative working relations with all other departments
- Demonstrates that all Front Office Standards of Service & Operational Procedures are performed in all interactions.
- Remains observant and responds to each guest who approaches the Reception Desk.
- Ensure all guests are escorted to their room/suite and full hotel tour is conducted.
- Be knowledgeable of all room types and rates.
- Deal with telephone enquiries in a polite manner.
- Ensure all necessary working tools and stationary is sufficient.
- Ensure that any compliments or complaints that are received are dealt with promptly in a polite and efficient manner and accurately passed to the Duty Manager.
- Be familiar with our regular guests and their requirements.
- Be familiar with the VIP procedures & Guest recognition programs.
- Handling safety deposit box requests including opening procedures, giving access to and closing procedures
- Protect guest and associate security by never revealing any personal information, room numbers, and addresses, telephone numbers etc. Unless authorized by guest or a manager.
- To oversee the daily front desk operation and supervising the team members in maintaining the departmental standards and methods of service as stated in the Hotel and Department Operations Manual to achieve Sofitel brand service excellence.
- To monitor the staff compliance to Sofitel Zallaq policies and procedures in terms of grooming, appearance, safety, security, guest data, etc and redirect any deviation.
- To review the handover log daily and following up with the team on closing all the pending issues.
- To participate in arranging the weekly reception schedule and reviewing the monthly attendance sheet.
- To brief team members about the daily occupancy, VIPs, Promotions, events, hotel new updates, guest opportunities and glitches.
- To ensure full product knowledge and awareness are deployed among the colleagues.
- To handle guest complaints in a professional manner, by owning it, working on a satisfactory resolution, to call a senior manager to handle if required.
- To ensure appropriate stock level for the smooth run of the front desk operations and to prepare requisitions accordingly.
- To ensure that all team members are updated with the latest administrative, organizational, operational or other changes and news.
- To be an ambassador of the Rooms Division and of the hotel, in and outside the work place and to lead by example.
- To guide, direct & coach the team by motivation, training, support and empowerment.
- To ensure that all employees are treated fairly and consistently as outlined in their terms and conditions of employment, local legislation, and company / hotel policies and procedures.
- To conduct the monthly trainings and refreshing sessions and ensure staff attendance as scheduled and that they have the necessary skills and tools to perform their duties with the maximum efficiency and in the most productive manner.
- To participate in conducting the probation and annual appraisals per Sofitel policy.
- To ensure that the Department's operational budget is strictly adhered to and that all costs are controlled and expenditures approved.
- To handle colleagues grievance by encouraging the high morale, the positive Cooperation concept and happy work environment.
- Working on permanent resolutions for all their challenges in order to provide supportive healthy work place.
- To deal with tardiness, lack of attention & performance issues as per hotel policy, to take corrective disciplinary actions if needed to return the low performers back to the right track.
- Level of Education Bachelor / Licence Areas of study Hospitality Professional experiences 1 to 2 years
- English Optional languages Arabic
Essential and optional requirements
- Pleasant personality with a good appearance.
- Service and guest oriented
- Very good command of both written and spoken English.
- Another language in addition will be an asset.
- Strong leadership skills
- 2 years experience in FO supervisory role.
- Opera experience is a must
- Physical Ability to stand for 8 hours daily
- Ability to work on shift basis.
- Power Point
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.