Job description / Role
Our client provides startup accelerating programs. They are currently looking to recruit a Fund Manager to be based in Bahrain
Duties & Responsibilities
• Identify the business objectives and goals of the company fund in coordination with the Central team and the Board of Directors, and ensure that they are well-executed.
• Coordinate developing the fundraising strategies with the company Central Team and partake in fundraising activities.
• Over viewing the fundraising process and communicating the fund operations updates to the fund’s Advisory Committee and its Limited Partners.
• Supervising the legal aspects of the fundraising process; as well as portfolio reporting functions to investors.
• Report the company Seed Fund updates and progress to the Board of Directors and the company central team.
• Manage the company Investments team
• Oversee the company Seed Fund’s finances and ensure high quality financial management of the company's assets and budgets.
• Oversee the overall performance of the company Seed Fund and its portfolio of companies.
• Follow and perform the company processes and company policies and procedures and make sure it is well communicated to different team members.
• Source and review potential investments for the company Seed Fund.
• Supervise and review preliminary due diligence on select high-potential investments.
• Assist in the selection process of startups to be inducted into the company programs.
• Develop and establish a network of high-level potential investors, high-net-worth individuals and different local and international financing institutions.
• Identify partnership opportunities and provide oversight on establishing local and international partnerships to support existing programs and the launch of new ones.
• Establish rapport with the Investment Committee and ensure continuous up to date reporting.
• Negotiate investment terms with selected investments in line with market averages and oversee the due diligence process.
• Help portfolio companies secure follow-on funding through direct contacts and referrals.
• Support the portfolio companies with business development strategy and activities where feasible.
• Assist in establishing a business development plan for the company programs, help solicit new partners and sponsors.
• Maintain a structured and up to date portfolio management scheme to ensure efficient reporting & communicating the status of the portfolio to the board, investors and different stakeholders.
• Maintain smooth communication channels between the companies, lawyers and regulatory authorities when needed.
• Manage portfolio with aim of creating capital gains through exit opportunities.
Qualifications & Experience
• A least 8-10 years of experience in entrepreneurship, venture capital, private equity or business management.
• Major in business management or financial studies.
• Excellent English language skills.
• Financial modeling and budgeting skills.
• Previous experience in negotiating investment terms, structuring investment deals and presenting them to decision makers.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Well-connected with the local business and investor community.
• Strong project management and organizational skills.
• Proactive and highly organized, with strong time management and planning skills
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Account Manager - Financial Services