Job description / Role
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Review and provide legal advice and prepare opinions on legal questions arising in the course of business and ensure adherence to legality in business activity and protect its legal interests.
• Liaise with relevant departments to ensure that where legal risks have been identified, appropriate courses of action have been taken.
• Provide and interpret legal information to the Management.
• Provide legal protection and risk management advice to management especially on contracts, Agreements.
• Review and draft contracts, agreements and internal policies and ensure that they are in compliance with all statutory or legal requirements.
• Review and advise management on legal implications of internal policies and procedures.
• Review ongoing cases and advice management accordingly, arrange monthly report for the same.
• Review progress of outstanding litigation and liaise with the licensed attorney.
• Represent company in mediation, arbitration, and other state and public organizations in the process of considering legal issues.
• Maintain the company’s records before the ministry of industry and commerce, chamber of commerce, and other competent authorities.
• Provide leadership and ensure efficient and effective management of staff and resources in the Legal department.
• Provides methodical management of legal work for the company, to provide legal assistance to Departments in claims, preparation and transmission of the necessary materials to judicial and arbitral bodies.
• Writes and maintains all kinds of Agreements, Contracts requested by Partners and Divisions.
• Follows up all the cases filed by or against the company & its Partners and agrees with local advocatory offices to draft pleadings and defense memorandums.
• Follows up all the cases filed by or against the Owners in coordination with local advocatory offices on issues related to cases.
• Reviews documents and agreement papers for all major sales deals in coordination with the GM’s, Group Credit Controller prior to MD approval.
• Follows up all the new laws, judicial and constitutional procedurals related to the Partners and Divisions and keeping them aware and inform on such changes.
• Follows up all current Commercial Registrations & Agency Agreements, registers new Company Commercial registrations in coordination with Legal Dept. staff.
• Arabic speaker located in Bahrain
• Coordinate with Credit Control Department for any legal case related to Credit recovery.
• Attend all management meetings
• Handles other related tasks assigned by the Partners.
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering