Head of Health and Safety & Compliance
Job description / Role
m2r Education are currently looking for a Head of Health & Safety & Compliance for this British international school in Bahrain. ASAP start.
This is a brand new, purpose-built school set on the shores of North Bahrain, close to the international Airport. lt is fully equipped to teach the Cambridge Curriculum with a capacity for nine classes per year group. Its state-of-the-art Library, IT Suites, Music Rooms, Hall and Early Years provision, as well as its beautifully attractive classrooms, make this school very popular with parents.
Positions are open to anyone who meets the minimum criteria and comes with an excellent tax free package which includes a competitive basic salary, housing close to the school (and the beach!) and other usual expat benefits.
Minimum criteria to apply:
• Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of 3 years relevant experience
• 2-3 years experience in Occupational Health & Safety is essential
• Experience of working in the education sector
• Professional qualifications in Health & Safety - NEBOSH, IOSH, CMIOSH, NVQ Level 3 Certificate in OHS etc
• Experience in managing a team of staff and demonstrable quality control
• Understanding the legal aspects of Health & Safety with the ability to deliver outstanding compliance
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, with a strong knowledge of Excel and database management
• Experience working in a Google environment preferred
• 1 year contract (renewable)
• to 1500BHD (to GBP£3300/ USD$3978mth) TAX FREE inclusive of allowances + medical, visa, flights
• Transport to and from school
• Annual flight + start and end of contract flights
• Medical insurance
• Single status work visa
• Paid leave in accordance with academic calendar
• Start date - ASAP
For safeguarding purposes, a valid police clearance certificate / DBS is required, plus 2 professional references.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you have not been contacted within 5 working days of submission then please consider your application to have been unsuccessful.
About the Company
Established in 2001, m2r Education is a multi award winning UK based firm offering a quality and ethical recruitment service to overseas organisations within the education & training sectors.
Our clients are viewed as valuable partners and include international schools, FE colleges, HE institutions, independent training centres and corporate organisations. Our aim is to develop long lasting relationships and help them grow by providing the best talent possible via an excellent customer experience.
Our candidates are treated with respect and professionalism at all times. We genuinely want to help and will advise you on your next overseas move. Having core values centred on integrity and quality, we will always do our utmost to help without pushing positions forward which are not necessarily suitable.
This is why we have won over 6 international business awards, been used as case studies by the British Government and received glowing references from those that have experienced our service.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Health & Safety Engineering Expert
Safety Manager - Construction
Big Fish Recruitment