Job description / Role
Senior Legal role, generalist responsibilities but with primary focus on Corporate, FS and Banking work
This is a multinational business with an instantly recognisable name on the global platform. They have a strong regional presence with primary functions being in Bahrain, Saudi and the UAE. The legal team is split across these jurisdictions with the core of the depth being based in Manama
* Draft review and assist in negotiating all legal contracts; Primarily specific FS documentation and payments/Fintech related agreements
* Keep abreast of legislative changes by interacting regularly with regulatory bodies and Central Banks
* Key role in ensuring company's compliance with all laws and regulations
* Broader generalist inhouse responsibilities such as employment, disputes management, IP, etc
On offer is a senior role within a household name company, with good quality work in an ever-changing sub-sector within Financial Services. This person would have a key role in the strategic growth of the business in this region, and would also be managing a full team of lawyers.
The role will be based in Bahrain where there is a small but very powerful FS district, and plenty of cross border transactions on offer. Not to mention tax free living and an excellent quality of life.
To be considered you must have the following:
* Full fluency in English and Arabic
* At least 9 years of experience
* Exposure to FS sector, ideally from a large Bank or Payments company
* Experience of having managed a team is a plus point but not prerequisite
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Group Legal Affairs Manager
|Abu Dhabi||7 Jun|
Head of Legal
Global Business Network (GlobNet)
Legal Director / Senior Construction Lawyer (PPP)
The Highfield Company
|Saudi Arabia||9 May|