Job description / Role
TOGETHER WE HELP GOVERNMENTS TO ENSURE NATIONAL SAFETY AND SECURITY
THALES GROUP AND THALES IN BAHRAIN
Worldwide, our customers rely on our expertise and innovation of 62,000 people in 56 countries across five markets; Aerospace, Space, Transportation, Defence and Security.
With growing threats from terrorism, organised crime, trafficking and cyberattacks, defence organisations alone are not fully equipped to deal with the changing risk environment. Thales is focused on complex security requirements and is Europe's leading provider of digital technologies for defence and security and the world leader in data protection . Our solutions secure the four key domains considered vital to modern societies: government, cities , critical infrastructure and cyberspace. We provided solutions to Mexico City's ambitious security system which incorporates 15,000 cameras, security for major international airports such as Dubai and Durban, as well as helping 10 of the world's largest banks with cybersecurity issues.
PROTECTION SYSTEMS (PRS)
We are helping to reduce crime by delivering the world's most sophisticated urban security system to Mexico City. Our solutions allow governments to prevent and respond effectively to all types of threats: crime, terrorism, natural disasters and industrial accidents. Our security and telecommunication systems allow governments, industry and operators to protect infrastructure such as airports, gas terminals and holy as well as people and information by allowing them to make faster and more efficient decisions, ensuring national safety and security.
That is why we rely on our people to help us master the most complex environments for our customers, and careers start here.
WE ARE CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR A HSE OFFICER TO JOIN THE THALES TEAM IN MANAMA, BAHRAIN.
The HSE Officer in project reports to Project HSE Manager, and will be responsible in supporting & assisting the Project HSE Manager to develop, implement, co-ordinate, monitor and maintain the HSE plan. Support in implementing all HSE procedures, measures & controls during project on related premises, e.g. construction worksites, site offices, warehouses, others of the project. Ensure all personnel in project as well as visitors, sub-contractors and any interested party are fully supported with the guidance, training, equipment, documentation, inspections and audit covering all HSE matters.
In particular, under the responsibility of HSE Manager:
• Keep abreast of legislative changes and developing best practices associated with HSE, and monitor compliance.
• Implement the programme of assessment of HSE risks, e.g. safety permitting, risk assessments, environmental analysis, working at height, the control of hazardous substances/materials, manual handling, display screen equipment, personal protective equipment (PPE), etc. and provide advice as necessary.
• Look at ways to conserve energy, water and resources and minimize the generation of waste through personal performance and raise recommendations on how to improve existing processes on this regard within/outside the project.
• Deliver awareness/training (including HSE Induction) of projects personnel, sub-contractors, visitors, others involved in project. Contribute to the training matrix and set up the training plan according to objectives and other requirements. Coach project team members where necessary.
• Coordinate the maintenance of first-aid equipment and facilities, ordering new supplies and destroying out-of-date items as necessary.
• Ensure proper equipment log and inspections wherever required (electrical equipment, ladder, etc.).
• Ensure duty alert and ensure emergency response is well prepared. On a rotational basis be an emergency out of hours contact point.
• Monitor employee exposure to hazardous materials.
• Collect and analyse HSE operational indicators, to assess results and to suggest improvements if necessary.
• Investigate accidents and report the findings. Keep a record of injuries, vehicle accidents, property damage, fires and crane / heavy equipment accidents.
• Interact with the sub-contractors on HSE matters where required or needed.
• Carry out audits, assessments and inspections in order to monitor the implementation of control measures, and provide assurance of compliance with the relevant procedures and work instructions and requirements of applicable HSE regulations.
• Perform and carry out other duties as instructed / directed by HSE Manager.
• HSE Officer will lead by example and carry out this activity in good coordination/cooperation with the HSE Manager, other Thales team members, and all HSE staff of the Customer/Client.
• Minimum 1 year of work experience as an HSE Officer, in a large project (external worksites), preferably in GCC or Middle east area.
• Minimum 1 year HSE experience in construction or installation activities, preferably in GCC or Middle East area.
• Experience and knowledge about HSE procedures in airport projects. Knowledge of airport organizational structures and standards, workflows, operating procedures, and terminology.
• Working knowledge of incidents and accidents investigation techniques and reporting.
• Audit-related experience, including understanding of compliance requirements, monitoring guidelines, and standards e.g. OHSAS 18001 & ISO 14001.
• Ideally an educational degree holder.
• NEBOSH International General Certificate (IGC) or recognized international HSE qualification similar or higher than NEBOSH IGC.
• English IELTS Level 6-6.5 or TOEFL score 60, e.g. assessed as competent.
• A management qualification, e.g. Internal or Lead Auditor OHSAS 18001 or ISO 14001 would be an advantage.
• Valid driving license, preferably a Bahraini or GCC driving license.
• Fluency in English language. Other languages could be an added value, e.g. French, Arabic, Hindi, Urdu…
• Ability to write in English technical and audit reports, routine business correspondence, prepare method statements and risk assessments or environmental analysis as required.
• Possess good communication skills.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently and work productively in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment. Good organizational skills, detail oriented & customer focused.
• Able to perform through cooperation, to shape solutions out of complexity, & to manage self.
Your contributions to Thales' cutting-edge products make possible the continued delivery of excellence and hundreds of millions of satisfied passengers globally. If your skills, experience and attitude match the above and you are looking for exciting challenges, please apply now using the link below and we will be in touch. At Thales in Bahrain, we provide careers - not jobs.
About the Company
With operations in 50 countries and 68,000 employees, Thales is a world leader in mission-critical information systems for defence and security, aerospace and transportation.
Building on its expertise in the most sophisticated technologies and large-scale software systems, Thales is stepping up to the security challenges of its customers in an increasingly complex world. With its global network of 22,500 high-level researchers, Thales has earned particular recognition for its ability to develop and deploy dual civil and military technologies. Leveraging its international operations and spanning the entire value chain from equipment to systems and services, Thales is playing a pivotal role in making the world a safer place.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
PSR Solutions International
Senior Safety Officer - Main Contractor
Manpower Middle East
HSE Engineer - Power Distribution Projects
HSE Construction Supervisor