Job description / Role
The selected candidate shall be responsible for the overall Health & Safety of employees and shall actively disseminate a culture of occupational health & safety within the organization
Main tasks & responsibilities:
• Implement and manage statutory and internal compliance pertaining to Health & Safety of employees at the farms.
• Develop, implement, manage, and monitor a Health & Safety and ensure compliance with ISO standards and local legislations
• Develop, implement, and deliver an annual plan aimed at providing Health & Safety training to all employees by holding seminars, lectures, and preparation/distribution of literature
• Deploying SOPs to promote Health & Safety and upgrade the same on an ongoing basis
• Investigate, report, and analyze accidents, injuries and near misses and define corrective action to mitigate risks
• Manage the Health & Safety committee
• Ensure all statutory requirements are met including machinery examination, PPE, risk assessments, accident reporting, fire drill, first aid etc
• Identify, and develop ‘Actual Fire’ SOPs
• Undertake risk assessments on a regular basis and educate all employees on mitigating factors to ensure complete protection against all risks and hazards.
• Follow up with HR to submit annual reports to the Ministry of Labor, in accordance with occupational Health and Safety Laws of the Kingdom of Bahrain
• Ensuring compliance with workwear as per Bahrain labor law
• Pest control practice and reporting
• Support HR department by managing the Farms’ employees and updating HR database through inputting data related to staff leave and overtime records, etc
• The ideal candidate would be an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual with excellent communication and inter-personal skills
• Holding a Bachelor degree or Diploma in Engineering, Science or relevant field.
• NEBOSH certified
• Member of the Institute of Occupational Safety & Health (IOSH)
• 3 years of relevant experience in a similar role.
• Fluency in ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 quality standards would be a definite plus.
• Sound knowledge of MS Office
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Acciona Facility Services Middle East
RTC-1 Employment Services
RTC-1 Employment Services
Project HSE Lead / Manager
Rotary Engineering Pte. Ltd.