Job description / Role
Duties and responsibilities:
- Examination of the health status of birds & conducting a post-mortem of birds as per requirement
Supervision & preparation of rearing farm for day-old chicks arrival, Day old chicks management, blood collection, health status & transfer of birds.
- Supervision & preparation of production farm for pullets arrival, layer management, blood collection, health status & retrieval of birds from Rearing farm.
- Sample collection (feed, blood, swab etc) as necessary to the laboratory and follow up its examination
- Examine the chicken and eggs produced daily and ensure their quality and safety, and record the results of the examination
- Ensure that occupational safety and health measures are implemented by him and by the staff working in the department
- Provide guidance periodically to staff working in the department and provide assistance when needed and motivate them to complete the work
- Preparation of flock records
- Preparation & follow up the vaccine order with timely availability of the vaccine in coordination with Operations Manager
- Preparation of feed order
- Observe vaccinations in rearing & production farm
- Preparation of periodic reports (mortality, egg production, etc)
- Preparation of labor work plan
- Perform lab activities as per the requirement
Minimum Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry
- 2 years + proven work experience within the poultry industry.
- Computer literate.
- Good communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to prepare reports and documentation related to the farms operations.
- Business skills including managing budgets, leading a team and liaising with suppliers.
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering