Job description / Role
Our client has succeeded to be one of the world's most innovative Islamic investment banks, by specialization in creating new financial institutions and in the conception of high value economic infrastructure projects.
They currently have opening for a Legal Counsel to be based in Bahrain
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepares, review and draft all legal documents relation to the bank day-to-day operations.
- Advise and assist business with respect to legal issues in the investment management area, with specific focus on separate accounts and issues in the context of institutional asset management;
- Provide assistance with respect to the launch of new products, including the formation and structuring of private investment vehicles where the Bank may act as collateral manager;
- Provide general advice with respect to Investment Advisory and matters that relates to separate accounts and private funds;
- Assist with the negotiation and drafting of documents for separate accounts, investment guidelines, sub advisory agreements, negotiations, customized terms for large investors, RFP's, and distribution agreements. Provide advice in the context of marketing to institutional clients
- LLB from a renowned international university; LLM will be an added advantage.
- 8 years of progressive post qualification experience including at least 2-5 years in the Investment / Commercial banking environment;
- Candidate must have Legal Transaction experience
- Candidate must have experience in Investment transactions
- Must be able to exercise independent judgment and provide practical advice;
- Strong ability to effect change and facilitate resolution of disparate viewpoints;
- Ability to work within an expanding business in multiple areas and on multiple tasks;
- Excellent interpersonal skills- ability to interact with all levels of staff and management.
- Reporting to General Counsel
- Mid to senior level
- Transactional side - corporate side and real estate / funds and investment
- Strong overlap with real estate financing / project financing
- GCC experience
- Bilingual English- Arabic
- "Western" qualified attorney
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies