Job description / Role
To identify, encourage and facilitate continued foreign direct investments in key priority sectors to the Kingdom of Bahrain. To contribute to strengthening Bahrain’s economy and competitiveness, under the supervision of the International Offices Director.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Collaborate with the sector teams with the strategic sector review.
• Support the sector teams on the strategy implementation & sector business development plan.
• Support with the strategy implementation & market development plan.
• Executes market strategy/plan and reports progress against defined KPIs/targets.
• Collaborate with the sector teams/MSI on identifying a selection of potential target companies.
• Assess country readiness to support the development of sector / market strategy.
• Lead on attainments of relevant decision makers contact details.
• Initiate the connections with the relevant decision makers.
• Point of contact for initial introductory contact/meeting with game changers & target companies.
• Responsible for Initial follow up and providing general information.
• Responsible for organizing and attending introductory calls between sector teams & companies.
• Lead on DMC meetings planning, DMC attendance & follow ups.
• Support with Investor site visits and follow up with investors until decision is made.
• Assist sector teams & IEGA with the submission of relevant registration documents.
• Support with the investors during registration process.
• Involved with supporting expansions/feasibility stage.
• Maintaining relationships with regional teams & EDB HQ.
• Collaborate with relevant departments in HQ for international events/roadshow planning & executions.
• Responsible for international events/roadshow attendance and follow ups.
• Assist with local events planning and execution. (F1, airshow, GG, sector specific events, etc.)
• Assist with investor invitations and follow ups. (F1, airshow, GG, sector specific events, etc.)
• Support with any relevant website activities.
• Responsible for official engagement with embassies.
• Support with Inward delegations.
• Assist with MOFA requests/activities.
• Assist with Investor Inquiries.
• Responsible for management & reporting of market activities.
• Bachelor’s Degree, a related discipline.
• Minimum of seven years of work experience in related discipline.
• Communication skills
• Networking and relationship building
• Teamwork and people management
• Adaptability and flexibility
• Innovation and entrepreneurship
• Client focus
• Process management
• Industry knowledge
• Project management
• Strategic Focus and Agility
• Manage Complexities
• Proficiency in English (written / spoken).
• Proficiency in the language of the concerned International Office.
About the Company
The Economic Development Board (EDB) is a dynamic public agency with an overall responsibility for formulating and overseeing the economic development strategy of Bahrain, and for creating the right climate to attract direct investment into the Kingdom. The role of the EDB is to provide leadership by uniting all of the Kingdom's shareholders through a unified vision, and to develop key strategies for growth. The EDB also acts as a facilitator, helping all of Bahrain's stakeholders to understand and adopt the changes necessary for progress. In addition, the EDB provides sound project management to ensure that all agreed reform initiatives are implemented in an effective and timely manner.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Client Relations Manager