Job description / Role
ioMosaic is seeking an experienced process safety engineer to support our clients in the field of PSM program, PSSR, pre-commissioning and site support. The ideal candidate should have experience in the Refinery and petrochemical industry in conducting PSSR, plant startup, commissioning activities. PSM Programs development, leading PHAs, incident investigations and conducting PSM audits will be an added advantage. In addition to strong technical skills, this individual must possess skills to define resource plans, designate and schedule resources, develop budgets, and approve invoicing, maintain project schedules, and ensure timely delivery of products or reports within the project scope. This individual will be comfortable working with clients from all levels of an organization, plant managers, engineering, operations, maintenance, EHS, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordination with interdisciplinary team and contractors to ensure complete & high-quality deliverables during various life stages of project, from initiation to the final document issue stage.
- Providing support to operations and construction during commissioning and other activities on site PSSR and PSUR.
- Assisting project team during the final commissioning and start-up phase of the project.
- Site Visits for technical support
- Support during final box-up and pressure testing of systems.
- Visiting Dry out and cool down as per method statements.
- Maintaining records of documents and commissioning checklist etc.
- Handover and punch list point categorization and closeout.
- Safety review and process plant hygiene review.
- Responsible for making sure that company process safety requirements are implemented.
- Facilitate and attend design review meetings, Layout review meetings, process hazard analyses (e.g., HAZOP, LOPA) and other process safety studies.
- Conversant with relevant international standards applicable to hydrocarbon processing industry, such as API, ISO, ASME, IEC, etc.
- Lead and report PSSR activities, hold trainings and actively communicate PSSR related issues to the project organization and other stakeholders
- Develop best practices and implement PSSR activities related in cooperation with stakeholders
- Provide oversight, team mentoring
- Act as subject matter expert and liaise with EPC contractor and plant operations regarding PSSR collection and data reconciliation.
- Review, analyze, prepare, and complete PSSR related reports.
- Tracking of applicable safety metrics and KPIs.
- Manage and execute the Process Safety Gap list and ensure progress.
- Support plants in case of (process) safety issues, for instance in troubleshooting, helping to identify (temporary) solutions and asses associated risk.
Skills and Experience
- This position requires Chemical Engineering degree.
- Engineer with at least 10 years’ experience in PSSR/commissioning or operations with specific experience in Process Safety.
- Experience with Green field/Brownfield / Revamp projects
- Experience and Participation in PSSR/Commissioning of refinery is a must
About the Company
Through innovation and dedication to continual improvement, ioMosaic has become a leading provider of integrated process safety and risk management solutions. ioMosaic has expertise in a wide variety of areas, including pressure relief systems design, process safety management, expert litigation support, laboratory services, training and software development.
ioMosaic offers integrated process safety and risk management services to help you manage and reduce episodic risk. Because when safety, efficiency, and compliance are improved, you can sleep better at night. Our over 300 years of combined industry expertise allow us the flexibility, resources and capabilities to determine what you need to reduce and manage episodic risk, maintain compliance and prevent injuries and catastrophic incidents.
ioMosaic has earned continuing education and training accreditation by IACET (International Accreditors of Continuing Education and Training). We are honored to join a select and innovative group of educators across the globe dedicated to quality in continuing education and training.
Our mission is to help you protect your people, your plant, your stakeholder value, and our planet.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Health & Safety Engineering Expert