Job description / Role
Main Purpose of the Job:
We are currently looking for a senior professional to join our leadership team in Bahrain. The role offers a significant growth opportunity to the successful candidate and a path to become involved in the unit leadership overall. The role will support the Country Manager in ensuring operational excellence in the delivery of high quality technical output within a solid commercial framework to enable strong financial returns. The Project Principal will have a proven capability in project management and technical delivery with a view to supporting the multi sector business through enhanced delivery and client relationship management in Bahrain. The ability to further support the advisory business in pursuit and delivery of projects in Bahrain and KSA would be viewed as a significant advantage.
* Operate as a point of contract for clients across projects in the territory
* Develop Mott MacDonald's positioning with the client; advise the client on market and best practice
* Leads project team/s to meet clients' requirements and ensure project/s are completed with high quality, on time and within budget and comply to the contract's specifications
* Ensure Mott MacDonald tools and BMS procedures, templates and processes are utilized to positively impact project plans
* Drive the creation of winning method statements and service offerings for commercial tenders
* Ensures effective financial and project management controls are in place and deployed to enable monitoring, modification and forecasting across all projects
* Coordinate and manage project team mobilisation (and demobilisation) ensuring correct engagement at appropriate time with enabling functions
* Direct the assessment, selection and management of suppliers, sub-consultants and contractors associated with projects
* Ensure projects comply with health and safety policies and standards
* Chair project meetings with regards to project phase action plan decisions
* Lead communications among team members, business partners, and external resources
* Strive for continual knowledge transfer and understanding of industry best practices
* Ensure project knowledge are retained by keeping project files current
* Set performance objectives of project team members
* Provide project team members with accurate and timely feedback and coaching for performance improvement
Essential Candidate Requirements:
* Minimum of 15 years in a project environment, with 10+ leading program and project teams
* Educated to Degree level in a relevant engineering discipline; chartered professional status
* Industry knowledge and experience in the overall engineering consulting industry
* Familiar with the operational use of systems engineering, contract management, risk management, cost management, cost controlling, quality management, HSE, benefit case management, information management, configuration management, workflow development and integration, stakeholder management, planning and scheduling, dashboard development and integration, reporting;
* Leadership gravitas and desire for professional challenge and ultimately growth
* Proven experience of leading and managing bids within consultancy environment
* Experience in programme management and program support functions
* Experienced in working in client-based teams
In Mott MacDonald, we have a strong policy ethical behaviour and expect the highest standards of ethical practice. These are at the core of our corporate values hence do not engage in any aspects of bribery or corrupt practice.
About the Company
The Mott MacDonald Group is a diverse management, engineering and development consultancy delivering solutions for public and private clients world-wide.
Mott MacDonald's uniquely diverse 1 billion global consultancy works across 12 core business areas.
As one of the world's largest employee-owned companies with over 14,000 staff, we have principal offices in nearly 50 countries and projects in 140.