Job description / Role
Operating in select sectors and demand driven markets within the Gulf region, the company has a mission to be the top Bahrain based service and trading group. The company strives to deliver quality products and services to ensure commercial success for all their customers.
They are currently looking for a Purchasing Officer to be based in Bahrain.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Research potential vendors.
• Compare and evaluate offers from suppliers.
• Negotiate contract terms of agreement and pricing.
• Prepare Purchase orders .
• Follow up with payments
• Track orders and ensure timely delivery.
• Review quality of purchased products.
• Enter order details (e.g. vendors, quantities, prices) into internal databases.
• Maintain updated records of purchased products, delivery information and invoices.
• Prepare reports on purchases, including cost analyses.
• Monitor stock levels and place orders as needed.
• Coordinate with staff to ensure proper storage.
Qualification & Requirements:
• BSc in Logistics, Business Administration or relevant field
• Industry Experience: Retail / Supermarket
• Proven work experience as a Purchasing Officer, Purchasing Agent or similar role in the retail industry (e.g. Supermarket)
• Good knowledge of vendor sourcing practices (researching, evaluating and liaising with vendors).
• Hands-on experience with purchasing software.
• Understanding of supply chain procedures.
• Solid analytical skills, with the ability to create financial reports and conduct cost analyses.
• Good negotiation skills.
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering