Job description / Role
- Respect the policies and procedures implemented on the process of procurement.
- Support and encourage the objective of cost control and maintain traces for audit.
- Obtains quotations and completes market surveys to ensure high quality products for the best prices to update the Purchasing Manager.
- Assist the purchasing Manage in negations.
- In absence of Purchasing Manager, places purchase orders and ensure delivery of supplies and equipment to the hotel respecting the deadlines.
- Maintains equipment and supplies catalogues and an inventory of various products in the market to be able to provide immediate service to colleagues.
- Ensures all purchases are streamlined and there is maximum savings where possible without sacrificing on quality.
- Liaises closely with the Executive Chef to ensure food purchases are delivered on timely and to the quality standard specified.
- To assist in carrying out quarterly, bi-yearly, yearly inventory of operating equipment.
- To report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and name tag. To maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene and adhere to the hotel and department appearance standards.
- To provide friendly, courteous and professional service at all times.
- To maintain good working relationships with colleagues and all other departments.
- To read and understand the hotel's Employee Handbook and to adhere to the hotel's rules and regulations and in particular, the policies and procedures relating to Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
- To comply with local legislation as required.
- To respond to any changes in the department as dictated by the needs of the hotel.
- To be flexible and extend job duties to carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities within the job capability as assigned, including redeployment to alternative departments/areas if required, to meet business demands and guest service needs.
- To attend training and meetings as and when required.
- Level of Education Bachelor / Licence Areas of study Purchasing
- 1 to 2 years
Essential and optional requirements
- Relative experience in Hospitality Industry
- Team player
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good attention to details
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies