This position is closed or expired.
See other Finance & Consulting jobs
Regional Head – Fraud and Risk (Banking / Cards)
NSI & Bluefin Talent
A highly critical and complex leadership role for managing Fraud Risk Mgmt framework of the Company. The directly influences Client experience with the company and has substantial P&L impact.
The position is ultimately accountable for creating optimal balance between the company’s Fraud losses & Card usability. The role holder strategies, develops and implements Fraud Risk Mgmt governance and control metrics
• Define, Develop, implement and Maintain a comprehensive Fraud Prevention strategy for both issuer and acquirer fraud risk designed to minimize potential fraud losses
• Ensuring minimal amount of transaction disruption to issued cards at all Merchants without compromising required Fraud Controls
• Ensure compliance to BOP [scheme] rules, company And Regulatory policies
• Define, Develop, implement and Maintain exhaustive control over Fraud rules and models. Continually develop and kill rules to ensure optimal effectiveness of the rule matrix
• Ensure stakeholders are fully informed on optimal effectiveness of Fraud Rules. Accurate and timely reporting of Fraud events to Mgmt, Regulators and industry players or any other stakeholders
• Complete Ownership & management of in house Fraud Management System and its required customization.
• On an ongoing basis directly shape Fraud strategy and policy for all Card products ensuring swift reaction to ongoing and new threats.
• Regularly review processes and procedures to determine best in class practices.
• Shares industry knowledge and experience to increase awareness of Risk practices amongst colleagues.
• Accountable for the delivery of the key financial metrics relating to Issuer and Acquirer Fraud ratios as defined in goals.
• Continually assess the need for new or enhanced fraud tools, making recommendations to the Risk Committee where necessary.
• Selects, develops, and implements the required new tools and products to improve the overall Risk Management capability in preventing fraud
• Ensure end-to-end service quality on internal processes, system performance/delivery and customer impact areas affected by Fraud Prevention activities.
• Responsible for recruitment, appraisal, salary, administration, training, development and discipline of staff in order to create, motivate and maintain a qualified and efficient workforce to meet current and future requirements.
• Develop and maintain Fraud Rules with aim to minimize Fraud loss without adverse impacts on transactions and client spend-ability,
• Creates, develops and sustains a team and a structure that supports the service profit chain, maximizing shareholder return, employee satisfaction and customer satisfaction.
• Responsible for driving down unit costs through maximising efficiency and productivity through use of appropriate production management and technology.
• Achieve results within the agreed headcount and operating expense targets.
• Ensures all legal, regulatory, audit and Compliance requirements are met.
• Prepares, operates and works within approved short-term budgets and monitors departmental expenses on a regular basis.
• Meets frequently with the stakeholders to discuss matters relating to Risk and to develop strategies for meeting overall Company requirements.
• Regularly monitors and reviews the current rules and criteria, taking into account all relevant factors.
• Liaises closely with the Risk Mgmt Team to ensure enhanced control over accounts, therefore, minimizing the Company's loss exposure.
Knowledge & Skills
• Minimum University graduate – advanced qualification a plus
• Fluent in English. Understanding of Arabic and French would be plus. Excellent communication skills & Business writing skills.
• + years of experience in Cards organization with at least 7 years in Fraud Risk mgmt. At least 5 years of Mgmt level experience.
• It is crucial that the incumbent be able to make a quick and sound financial decision under pressure.
• This position requires a thorough knowledge of the Card Industry with particular emphasis on outstanding knowledge of industry-wide practices in Fraud and Fraud Prevention.
• A understanding of all departments within Card Operations and their inter-relationships as well as sound knowledge of the Company's policies and procedures.
• A basic understanding of Finance and Marketing strategies, particularly with regard to their impact on Risk and Loss Provisioning.
• Must be decisive in making timely and appropriate judgments and decisions based on best available (feasible) information…even when this is limited, or unreliable
•An appreciation of operational tools and systems within the Company and externally in the market
• An outstanding knowledge of fraud and authorization tools and systems within the Company and externally in the market
• Highly self-motivated and able to articulate Complex functional problems to senior Mgmt
• Strong ability to achieve results thru engagement and influence
Interested? please apply now online.
About the Company
New Sourcing International (NSI) / Bluefin Talent have partnered so to offer a specialized recruitment solution within the Consulting and Financial services domains.
Working together as a specialist search and selection agency, we concentrate on blue chip financial services and strategy / technology consulting organizations across Europe and the Middle East; focusing exclusively on Financial Services, IT and Risk. Being niche allows us to offer a premium search service, tailored to overcome the technically challenging nature of recruitment for the specialist functions that we work.
We are dedicated to representing best of breed candidates in the region in our dedicated fields of employment. As such we are a leading outfit for placing ex-pats and internationally educated students in the region.
Our biggest unique selling point, is that we are steered by a dedicated team of ex-financial services and industry professionals. This allows us to offer a level of candidate pre-screening for roles, which is largely anomalous to the recruitment profession. Our ability to bridge the technical knowledge gap typical recruiters encounter, coupled with a thorough delivery process allows us to drive consistently superior results for our clients sourcing requirements. Designed to provide a fast and efficient turnaround, we minimize the use of internal resources our clients spend vetting inadequate profiles, allowing them to quickly get back to focusing on their strategic goals.
Our strength lies not only in the specialist nature of our firm, but also in the commitment we show towards our clients and candidates. We endeavour to build long-term relationships and recognise the crucial nature of communication throughout the recruitment process. Excellence, integrity, respect and transparency are cornerstone to the culture we promote.