Job description / Role
Senior Resident Engineer
$Negotiable Tax Free Package
Digby Morris’ client specialises in the delivery of world class construction projects in the MENA region. The business is a leading multidisciplinary firm with over 50 years’ expertise in architecture, engineering, infrastructure and project management. Employing over 1,500 professionals across offices in Abu Dhabi, Algeria, Bahrain, Dubai, Iraq, Kuwait, London, Oman, Qatar and Saudi Arabia and are ranked in the Top 10 in the Middle East by World Architecture Magazine and amongst the top 100 Architects in the World.
Owing to a recent project award the company is looking for a talented Senior Resident Engineer to join their team in Bahrain.
• Working on behalf of a world class hotel operator, reporting to the Site Operations Director, your role will be to carry out various activities towards administering the construction contract as Engineer’s Representative under FIDIC as per the related company policies and procedures and industry best practice.
• Delivery of [Company] Scope of Services as defined in their Consultancy Agreement and following best practice principles through initiation, planning, execution, monitoring & controlling and close-out in full compliance with the Construction Contract and [Company] Policies and Procedures.
• Managing, monitoring and reporting on the delivery of [Company]'s Scope of Services under their Consultancy Agreement for your assigned project assuming responsibilities and authorities as delegated by the Resident Director or Site Operations Director, as may be applicable.
• Managing, monitoring and reporting on the financial management of your assigned project, ensuring timely invoicing, cash collections and delivery of GMR and NLM as per baseline Cost Plan.
• Pre-Contract to Post-Contract handover, Supervision Management Plan and Close-Out Report which are to be concluded within KPI and as defined under [Company] Policies and Procedures.
• Projects monthly reviews and corrective actions not limited to [Company] qualitative & financial performance, risk management, change management and the reporting thereof working closely with the SOD/PD.
• Contribute to Project and Construction Management Services sales and bidding activities.
• Act as the Project contract liaison with all relevant project stakeholders and Clients maintaining strong relationships through regular and effective lines of communication.
• Responsibility for the allocation of resources required to deliver [Company] Scope of Services in collaboration with the SOD/PD
• Consult with the SOD/PD for the derivation of key personnel retention.
• Whist cost management is supplied by another Consultant, as Engineer for the Works, you will be responsible for confirming valuations and signing the monthly certificate.
• You will chair weekly site meetings taking a proactive dynamic approach in moving the project forward against numerous difficulties as discussed above.
Benefits & Additional Information
The role attracts a highly competitive tax free expatriate package inclusive of tax free basic salary, housing allowance, car flights, medical etc
The post is initially for a 24 months term including a 3 month probationary period. Continuation after probation being dependent on a satisfactory report from both the end Client and the [Company] Site Operations Director.
Specific requirements for the role
• The engineer must demonstrate a minimum of 15 yrs. experience working on project’s in the Middle East.
• High Rise Buildings ideally with hospitality/high quality hotels experience.
• Ideally your experience will include the management of a dedicated team of architects, Services and Structural engineers and inspectors.
• The ability to coordinate and manage issues arising between multiple contractors and hotel fit out contractors would be seen as a significant advantage.
• Previous experience of the workings of the Bahrain Municipalities and relevant Statutory Authorities would be seen as a significant advantage
• Minimum 15 years’ relevant experience in a multi-disciplinary practice with proven experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified above.
• Professional Registration.
• Experience with renowned International Consultancy firms.
• Engineering Degree from a recognised university – preference for Civil/Structural/Architectural.
About the Company
Digby Morris one of the first choice recruitment consultancies operating within the property and construction industry. Offering expertise in executive search & selection, contingency recruitment, interim management and contract placements as well as a comprehensive range of specialist consulting services, we understand that every clients requirement is different and tailor each project to our clients\\' needs.
We specialise solely in the placement of property and construction professionals from graduates to senior managers, partners and main board directors. To date our clients have included:
- Private Practices
- Leisure Operators
- Financial Institutions
- House Builders