Job description / Role
- Under the supervision of the Director of Sales and Marketing, and within the limits of established ACCOR policies, procedures, Sales Manager manages all aspects given to him or her of Sales operations.
- Interacts with various categories outside and inside the local community including but not limited to travel industry representatives, major companies, governmental establishments, competitors, media departments, event organizers, etc. And cooperates, coordinates, and communicates with All Sales & Marketing team and other departments
- Proactively manage a pre-determined number of key accounts/key prospects and other active accounts to ensure maximum production to meet set target. Maintain valid call objectives and relevant action plans for each key account/key prospect and ensure all follow up is done in timely manner.
- Proactively prospecting new accounts for Sofitel and follow the sales process through to convert into 'producing' accounts.
- Take personal responsibility to ensure that all accounts are properly updated in Opera and that the system is utilized to its full capacity. Maintain up-to-date activity and rate information for each account. Understand and be in a position to action any group and event enquiry and ensure accurate hand over for follow up to Events Team.
- To actively support: the Sales Executive / Sales Co-coordinator / Sales Team to assist them to carry out their roles effectively
- To ensure that the morning briefing takes place with the team
- Communicating client requirements in a timely and accurate manner to all internal departments as required, ensuring delivery of superior guest service. Ensure accurate follow up and communication both internally to reservations and accounting departments, and confirmation to client.
- Ensure property rates sheets are accurate at all times. Communicate any obstacles to completing action plans to ADOS/DOSM.
- To arrange and manage familiarization / educational trips in line with business needs.
- Participate in Duty Management Shifts as required.
- Proactively respond to any Group/banqueting requests, checking space/rates in and communicating to related department
- To maintain complete and supported records of all sales agreements, contract and quotes for the hotel as per Sofitel Luxury hotels Policies and Procedures.
- To have a good understanding of contribution margins of each product results and work with respective heads of departments to maximize Operating results.
- To achieve Sales goals and upsell targets for Food and Beverage as well as Rooms revenue and other income as set by Director of Sales and Marketing.
- To function as the liaison between the hotel and Group organizer for all groups assigned so as to ensure pro - active and complete communication and follow up on all group requirements, resulting in total group satisfaction and enhance the hotels reputation for conferences and incentives, ensuring new and repeat business for the hotel.
- To constantly look for opportunities to upsell guestroom and Food and Beverage products so as to achieve / exceed the objectives as outlines in the Annual Marketing and Business plan.
- Level of Education Bachelor / Licence Areas of study Sales Professional experiences 3 to 5 years
Essential and optional requirements
- Fluency in Arabic Language (Speaking & Writing - Business Level)
- Fluency in English language
- Experienced in luxury hotel segment (5*)
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Very good presentation skills (site inspections)
- Understanding of Group operations (meeting requirements, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office is mandatory
- Knowledge and experience with Opera is an advantage
- Previous strong experience in Sales, preferably in Hospitality
- Dynamic and Confident speaker
- Ability to work well under pressure and a Good team player
- Power Point
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.