Job description / Role
Our client is primarily engaged with exploration, refining, storage, production, marketing, training and development, and environmental initiatives in the kingdom
• Provides engineering support Gas distribution Network maintenance Gas Sales and departments in maximizing gas network asset utilization.
• Manages and monitors the progress of work of engineers in his group.
• Supervises and directs the work of engineers in resolving the problems in the above areas, associated facilities and the investment projects to implement the solutions area, associated facilities and the investment projects to implement the solutions
• Develops, Manage and Implement Major capital projects.
Key Result Areas
• Manages and ensures all projects assigned to engineers in his area of responsibility are completed on time and within budget
• Monitor progress and give guidance to Support Engineers, Designers and Field supervisors to ensure that all projects assigned are completed on time and within budget.
• Completes investigations of problems assigned by engineering services requests and provides cost estimates for the operating departments of the implementation of solutions.
• Ensure quality assurance of engineering outputs from his directly supervised staff.
• Responsible for high quality engineering outputs Maintains integrity of engineering documentation by ensuring that all relevant company standards are followed.
Cross Functional Activities
• Provides engineering inputs for planning and execution of Gas Distribution Network T&Is support other engineering section project engineers in implementation of their projects.
• Develops, Manages and Implements justifiable projects after obtaining company approvals.
• Prepares detailed specifications and designs in accordance with the relevant industry codes and company standards.
• Purchases systems and equipment and finalise Contracts in projects.
• Completes investigations of problems assigned by superintendent and provides cost estimates for the implementation of solutions.
• Provides approved engineering drawings to carry out essential repairs.
• Provides specifications to maintenance departments to purchase replacement equipment.
• Participates in Management of change review and teams and leads HAZOP studies to ensure working and operating conditions in the plant.
The operation facilities require engineering support on demand basis (24*7) in parallel with the project engineering services required to implement the annual capital investment programme which typically involves multiple projects. 75% which have a face value of more than $200k per project Execution of multiple projects in complex Gas Network is extremely challenging. Certain projects require liaison and coordination with Government agencies like Ministry of Works, Electricity and water Directorate, Gas customers, GPIC, ALBA, BANAGAS etc. Also will represent area reliability teams.
• Communications and Working Relationships
• Makes regular contacts with vendors and contractors through Procurement Department.
• Keeps regular monitoring and guides Engineers reporting to him
• Keeps regular contacts with his superintendent, Department manager and with counterparts in external department.
• Gets support and co-operation from staff at all levels in company to complete the assigned projects.
• Framework Boundaries, Decision Making authority and responsibility
• Works to engineering division and International Engineering Standards, API, ASME, ANSI, ISA GAS Consumer Guidelines etc.
• Work with minimum guidance from his superintendent.
• All drawings and specifications issued by engineers for equipment purchase contracts and construction of project facilities are reviewed by the Senior Engineer and approved by Superintendent. All drawings issued by him are approved by Superintendent.
• Should officiate for superintendent, while Superintendent is on vacation/assignment.
• University Degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
• 10 years of experience in project management in the Oil refining, Oil and Gas production or Petrochemical industries.
• Experience in handling multiple and providing engineering support in an operating refinery environment
• A through knowledge of American and British design codes and standards covering equipment and installation.
• Positive attitude, leadership qualities, good interpersonal and communication skills both oral and written.
• Must have the ability to write clear and concise reports, letters and proposals.
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Yanbu Aramco Sinopec Refining Company (YASREF)
|Saudi Arabia||3 Apr|
Senior Operations Engineer
Swisslinx Middle East
Field Operator (Process)
A Leading Shipping Company in Fujairah
Project Manager (Oil & Gas Construction)
Copperfield Business Consultancy
|Abu Dhabi||31 Mar|