Job description / Role
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Managing the risk and compliance function, determining the types of risks associated with company’s health, statutory compliance, and corporate status by identifying and controlling organizational threats across all functions.
• Leading the design, execution, and/or improvement of risk management models.
• Provide support and advice to the business on specific subject matters of expertise including financial crime, fraud and work with the business on specific problems that may emerge.
• Monitor the impact of the Board's business plan on the risk management framework and provide active coaching, guidance, and support throughout to effectively implement the Risk Management Frameworks.
Qualification & Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration, Risk Management, or a related field.
• Professional certification in compliance, risk management, or internal audit preferred.
• Professional Qualification in Financial Crime or Anti-money Laundering.
• Risk Management Qualifications.
• Professional certification of Professional Risk Managers International Association (PRMIA).
• Minimum 5-6 years’ experience in a compliance/risk officer role.
• Broad understanding of the financial services legal and regulatory framework.
• Sound understanding of the specific risk and compliance requirements for their role.
• Understand the role their organization plays in business and its financial impact.
• Understand the function of the different areas such as nature of the business, jurisdiction, related risks involved in the business.
• Knowledge of IFRS financial reporting guidelines.
• Advanced principles, concepts, and methodology of legal proceedings and legal research.
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Financial Crime and Compliance Manager - Forensic Advisory Services