Job description / Role
Are you committed, thorough and outgoing? Do you have a good understanding of business and experience of international tax? Would you like to work in a dynamic, fast-moving and commercially-driven environment within an integrated global network? If so, please read on.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Tax professional to join a growing team in an emerging market. As a Transaction Tax Senior Manager, your primary focus will be to help clients understand and address the tax implications of the transactions that are strategically important to them - acquisitions, disposals, refinancing, restructurings or initial public offerings - and you'll be actively involved in the technical development and delivery of ideas to help clients mitigate transaction risk, enhance opportunity and negotiate effectively. With an influx of foreign investment and local companies expanding their outbound activities, you have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. Our Tax service line in MENA is experiencing a period of significant growth so now is an excellent time to join. Sound interesting?
Your key responsibilities
• You will be managing and participating in the successful delivery of transaction tax engagements and working with your colleagues to identify and pursue new business opportunities and build client networks and relationships. You will contribute to building and maintaining key client relationships by delivering exceptional client service and collaborate with a team of Transaction Tax professionals in the UAE, across the MENA region and globally to combine diverse cross-border experience with local tax knowledge across a broad spectrum of industries.
• You will work as part of a multi-jurisdictional / disciplinary team within tax and across other service lines (including working with colleagues from Transfer Pricing, International Tax Services, Indirect Tax, People Advisory Services etc.) in terms of pursuing, managing and delivering engagements and managing engagement economics by organizing staff, tracking fees and communicating matters with clients.
• You will build strong internal relationships within the transaction tax team and across other service lines and counsel and develop more junior staff through delegation and on the job training.
Skills and attributes for success
If you are client driven and strategically and commercially aware, an excellent communicator in a range of situations both written and oral, enthusiastic with a flexible attitude to work and a strong motivator, you will be perfect for the role.
To qualify for the role you must have
• Bachelor's Degree in Tax, Economics, Accounting or Finance and an approved professional qualification or equivalent (e.g. ADIT / ATT / ACCA / CPA / ACA / CA / LLB or MBA, or MA, MSc or PhD in the fields listed above)
• 5 – 7 years of relevant Tax experience, in either business or industry
• Broad exposure to transaction tax with focus on inbound and outbound investments
• Strong written and verbal English language skills
• Strong managerial, organisational, project management and analytical skills
• Relevant consulting experience within a mature market is highly desirable
• Proven track record with a leading professional services firm
• Experience of managing a team and/or mentoring and developing more junior team members
Ideally, you will also have
• Proficiency in Arabic language
What we look for
You will proactively maintain your technical knowledge by keeping abreast of global developments in the international tax landscape so that you can better advise our clients. In return, we will invest in you through appropriate training and offer you exciting opportunities on projects and assignments that will develop and challenge you so that you well-placed to develop your tax career as far as possible.
The types of projects you may contribute towards are:
• Acquisitions into new and/or existing markets
• Tax assistance on initial public offerings
• Vendor Due Diligence
• Group structure reorganization and/or rationalisation upon an acquisition or divestment
• Review of holding structures, capital structures and financing arrangements
No matter the projects and assignments you work on, you can be confident that you will be contributing towards helping our clients to develop and execute their international tax strategy and ensuring that technical excellence and the highest levels of client service are provided.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transactions and advisory services. Our 167,000 people are united by our shared values, which inspire our people worldwide and guide them to do the right thing, and our commitment to quality, which is embedded in who we are and everything we do.
EY is committed to doing its part in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.