Job description / Role
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
• Planning and implementation of Test Plans for functional and non functional testing.
• Will be actively involved in hands on test case design & development, test case execution, test automation development, reviews of requirements, and other project artifacts.
• Quantify and track test coverage.
• Help design Automation KPIs, track and report on corresponding metrics.
• Making the QA team the quality gate before software products are delivered to our clients.
• Assist in the designing and implementation of automation frameworks
• Providing training and guidance to existing members of the team and new hires on established test automation process and methodologies.
• Identify and highlight ways to continuously optimise the way in which QA function operates to create an efficient, scalable team.
• Work with the business and Production Support to capture requirements, investigate issues and trap defects with regression tests
• Hands on, Senior Testing / QA experience, proven experience of test cycle and release management
• Strong technical skills e.g, Java, Ruby or any other programming language to a good level
• Strong knowledge of test automation methodologies and experience of implementing test automation best practices.
• The candidate must show a clear understanding of the banking environment, a strong interest in financial markets
• Experience of working within a global functional QA Test team within the financial sector or for major bank or client.
• Experience of working in Agile development teams
• Knowledge of BDD / TDD
• Experience of developing, extending and excuting test automation frameworks for both functional and non functional tests
• The candidate should be technically capable and will be expected to have hands-on involvement in managing a QA/UAT test environment
• Business domain knowledge of FX, Rates and Commodity Trading e.g. Pricing, Order Execution, and Trading/Auto hedge risk management will be a significant advantage
• Experience with high-volume low-latency highly available IT systems, understanding of their architecture and SLAs
• Experience of non functional testing including latency and performance testing
• Effective and confident communicator with a strong passion for testing & quality
• Open minded, team player, good at building networks and leveraging resources
• Attention to detail
• Highly responsible
• Active and persistent
• Excellent analytical skills
• Proactive, and able to work independently
• Result-oriented and client-focused
• Proactive in problems-solving
• The ability to work in a demanding environment
• The ability to deliver top focus projects
• ISEB or ISTQB certification preferable
• Strong knowledge of test methodologies and experience of implementing best practices
• Professional experience with QA tools like HP ALM, requirements management tools, issue tracking tools e.g Jira
• Demonstrable knowledge of Java, Ruby, Unix, Unix scripting, SQL, Python (desirable)
• Experience with test automation tools. Proven track record in successful automation of the testing for large platforms
About the Company
Citi works tirelessly to provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial services and products. We strive to create the best outcomes for our clients and customers with financial ingenuity that leads to solutions that are simple, creative and responsible. Citi has been present in the Middle East and North Africa since 1955 and conducts business in 16 countries in MENA of which 12 have in-country presence. It offers full scale corporate and investment banking services in Egypt, UAE, Bahrain, Qatar, Kuwait, Lebanon, Jordan, Tunisia, Morocco, Algeria and Pakistan and maintains a representative office in Iraq. Citi's institutional capabilities in the region include Treasury & Trade Solutions, Corporate & Investment Banking, Capital Markets Origination, Global Markets and Islamic Banking.
Present in the United Arab Emirates since 1964, when the bank opened its first branch in Dubai, Citi has been known ever since for delivering excellence while consistently bringing world-class banking products and services to the local market. Citibank, the consumer banking arm of Citi, is currently a major player in the UAE's credit card market and a leading provider of Wealth Management and Consumer Credit services. Citibank's branch network in the UAE includes and a network of 60 ATMS located at various commercial centers across the UAE.