Job description / Role
• To manage and develop the Bahrain operations function including the overall management and monitoring of Health and Safety within the Yard, debt management and account settlements, processing, handling and maintenance of equipment for hire and sale; transport and provision of facility’s and services to Bahrain Business.
• Maintaining a definitive awareness and pro-active personal responsibility for the implementation of RMDK’s Quality Assurance and Health and Safety plans, policies and procedures.
• Management and co-ordination of the fleet and stock.
• Control of fleet and stock and completing inventory checks as required.
• Maintain operating standards within the Branch in conjunction with the Bahrain General Manager and Divisional Managing Director.
• Coordinate, in conjunction with the Bahrain Credit Controller, debt management and account settlements for the Bahrain Business.
• Maintenance and security of facilities.
• Maintenance of equipment.
• Transport and distribution arrangements.
• Management of operations and monthly reporting in terms of management of property, health and safety, hourly paid activities, security and utilities.
• Recruitment, training, motivation, coaching and discipline of works supervision staff and all hourly paid and contracted personnel.
• Conflict resolution of all operational matters.
• Negotiation of all matters related to hourly paid, e.g. incentive payment scheme, industrial relation matters within the Bahrain facility.
• Implementation of safe working practices within the meaning of current legislation and as per best internal best practice guideline’s ensuring the highest standards possible are achieved and or/maintained.
• Initiating works layout improvements, new facilities or equipment and new methods of working.
• Effective employment, health and safety of works staff and hourly personnel.
• Ensuring branch targets are achieved in all internal / external audits
• Quality, quantity and consistency of repairs and refurbishing carried out in the region.
• Staff, motivation/ on the job training coaching and mentoring to develop and effective team.
• To minimize the variable staffing costs of overtime in conjunction with appropriate operational heads and management.
• In conjunction with appropriate operational heads and management, identify the training needs of operational personnel and to give all personnel the opportunity to broaden their skills and allow effective delegation.
• Part of this development is to raise general commercial awareness of branch staff and ensuring there is continuous improvement at branch level.
• Preparation and delivery of orders & returns by operations within the time constraints reasonably demanded by the Sales team.
• The monitoring, forecasting and reporting fleet and stock levels and or quality thereof to support the business.
• Monthly reporting on progress and performance quality and quantity of work by the Operations team.
• Monitoring and reporting on activity levels and suggesting improvements to the operations function &/or facility’s to enhance operational efficiency.
• Be aware of and adhere to the Company’s Health & Safety policies and procedures.
Knowledge & Experience:
• Previous management/supervisory role in yard
• Relevant Industry experience
• Regional experience
• Proven knowledge of formwork and falsework systems
• Credit Management
• Budget management
• Leadership experience
Skills and Personal Qualities:
• Strong drive and commitment to succeed.
• Well organised and ability to work to tight deadlines.
• Able to work within, manage and get best out of team of individuals.
• Strong understanding and respect for confidentiality.
• High sense of personal integrity.
• Proficient IT skills including MS Office.
• Influential and assertive, able to get views across with conviction and not give way to pressure from others.
• Enthusiastic and energetic, promoting a sense of direction and purpose for the team.
• Sensitive to the needs of individuals with an innate sense of fairness.
• Leadership – motivates and empowers others to reach organisational goals
• Planning and organising – Organises and schedules events, activities and resources. Monitors timescales and plans
• Persuasiveness – Influences and convinces others in a way that results in acceptance, agreement or behaviour change
• Specialist knowledge- Understands technical or professional aspects of work and continually maintains technical knowledge
• Problem solving and analysis- Analyses issues and breaks them down into their component parts. Makes systematic and rational judgments based on relevant information
• Oral communication – Speaks clearly, fluently and in a compelling manner to both individuals and groups.
• Written communication- Writes in a clear and concise manner, using appropriate grammar, style and language.
• Commercial awareness- Understands and applies commercial and financial principles. Views issues in terms of costs, profits, markets and added value
• Action orientation – Demonstrates a readiness to make decisions, take the initiative and originate action.
• Strategic- Demonstrates a broad based view of issues, events and activities and a perception of their longer term impact or wider implications
• Interpersonal sensitivity – Interacts with others in a sensitive and effective way.
• Resilience – Maintains effective work behaviour in the face of setbacks or pressure
About the Company
From humble beginnings in the early 1970s, when RMD first started exporting its products to the Middle East, the business has continued to expand its presence, and enhance its service offering across the Middle East region. Today, this makes us one of the leading players in the formwork market in the region.
Having initially opened a branch in the late 1970s in Iraq, the business expanded its focus to encompass Jordan, the UAE, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Kuwait and Egypt. RMD Kwikform today operates through 11 locations in the region.
RMDK’s philosophy is to offer its customers “added value”. We are involved at every stage of the project, consulting with our customers in order to fully understand their requirements, develop tailored design solutions, assist with planning and implementation, and offering dedicated technical site service to support the project. By combining design and engineering expertise, world leading systems and unmatched service levels, RMD Kwikform has become a leader in the formwork and falsework market.
Acciona Facility Services Middle East
Zuhair Fayez Partnership
|Saudi Arabia||14 Sep|
Supply Chain Manager
Middle East Executive
|Abu Dhabi||20 Sep|