Job description / Role
Our client school is located in Changshu city in the Yangtze river delta less than 100km from Shanghai. Changshu has a population of 1.5 million so it is much more laid back and relaxed than the major metropolis nearby. There is plenty of sights to visit in the city such as lakes and parks like Yushan Mountain Forest park.
The school is an IB school for Chinese students, located in the southern part of Changshu City, on the east bank of the beautiful Kuncheng Lake. The 80-acre campus is comprised of a theater, a library, a canteen, a standard football pitch, indoor and outdoor basketball courts, a swimming pool. The STEM center has 1500 square meters. There are more than 100 conventional classrooms, 18 science labs with a total of 2800 square meters, 400 students' dormitories, and 150 faculty apartments. It can accommodate up to 1,600 students.
The campus is an energy-saving and environmental-friendly green space. Air corridors connect the main school buildings. Every room fills with natural light and fresh air. The open environment is tightly integrated with nature so that teachers and students can enjoy physical and mental pleasure, and exert potential imagination and creativity.
The IB DP Coordinator will report directly to the Dean, Academics. The IB Coordinator will have the responsibility of ensuring the effective administration of the IB Diploma Programme. As a member of the secondary school leadership team, she/he will work closely with the CAS Coordinator and the Heads of Departments, to support students and teachers to maximise students’ attainment. She/he will work closely with the Dean, Academics to provide Quality Assurance of teaching and learning in the IB years. As a pedagogical Leader she/he will ensure and promote the IB ethos in the School.
In line with the school vision, mission and core values:
• Seeks to implement both the school and IB Philosophy as embedded in the IBO Mission Statement and in the development of the IB Learner Profile.
• Is given the release time, support and resources to carry out the curriculum leadership involved.
• Working alongside the school leadership team, change management can impact every role, but to raise the profile of the DP to the highest level, this role demands that the school is prepared to continually adapt for success.
• Acts as the curriculum leader of the IB Diploma, representing the school to the IBO organization.
USD 3,100 to 4,200 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Additional benefits: Accommodation provided, Flight allowance, Relocation allowance, Work VISA and dependent VISA provided, Schooling for children, Medical Insurance
• Degree in teaching or degree in specialist subject with additional qualification in education;
• Minimum of 3-5 years’ related experience;
• Oral and written fluency in English, native speaker required for secondary grades;
• Excellent communication & interpersonal skills;
• Passion for teaching;
• Creative and energetic, Strong moral values, integrity;
• Excellent planning & organizational skills;
• Ability to work under pressure;
• Willingness to complete school initiated professional development which may fall outside of working hours.
About the Company
Eurus is a teacher recruitment agency specializing in assessing, up-skilling and placing teachers into bilingual and international schools in China and beyond. Eurus aims to help hard-working, motivated teachers find the most suitable career opportunities. We work with schools, teachers and expert training partners to provide a platform to enhance the employability of our teachers and match them to the schools that require their skillset.
For our teachers when you register with Eurus you will have access to wide variety of jobs across China and beyond. Our positions cover Kindergarten through to secondary subject teachers and all curricula so that we have coverage for all teachers that engage with us. When you apply for a position your details will be assessed against schools’ criteria and we help to find you a matching position. Our expert consultants can advise you from the application process right through to hopefully signing that offer for the next step on your career path. As your career partner, we give you access to the professional development you need to get hired by the top schools in China and around the world. Schools want to hire teachers who have invested in developing their skills to be the best teachers they can be. All teachers have full access to Eurus’ learning resources, including educational articles, training opportunities and career tools to assist them in enhancing their knowledge of international curricula, improving their teaching skills and increasing their employability.