Job description / Role
• Develop short & long-term strategies using market analysis, user requirements, and company objectives for assigned commodities that will drive cost savings.
• Interface with internal customers to define and formalize requirements in order to draft Request for Quotes (RFQs), Request for Proposals (RFPs) and Request for Information (RFIs)
• Facilitate proposal evaluations, due diligence, and supplier negotiations.
• Negotiate and formalize supplier IT and Telecom agreements for assigned commodities and various local, national, international, and global requirements which require knowledge of the various contractual vehicles that are available
• The ability to perform cost/price analysis is vital to this function and is a safe guard against paying exuberant prices.
• Negotiates business terms and conditions and coordinate all legal terms and conditions with the appropriate corporate legal representatives.
• Manages Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) for assigned commodities, various local, national, international, and global requirements, as assigned
• Develops and maintains IT and Telecom Category Playbooks to provide guidance to Commodity/Vendor Manager, Buyers, and key internal business Stakeholders
• Serves as escalation point and stakeholder for Commodity/Vendor Manager in the Vendor Governance Program for assigned suppliers.
• Attractive Salary Package
• BA in business or other quantitative field
• MBA preferred
• 7-10 years of experience in Procurement or equivalent industry-specific experience in spend responsibility
• Strong interpersonal skills with ability to relate well to all kinds of people up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization
• Builds relationships; able to diffuse high-tension situations comfortably
• Highly motivated self-starter
• Drives for results. Deals well with ambiguity. Outstanding quantitative skills
• Thinks strategically. Innovative. Strong negotiating skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Visionary. Develops oneself. Shows work commitment
• Possess a high stress tolerance. Change agent
• Organizational agility; knows how to get things done
• Ability to prioritize one's work and negotiates internally to reset timelines based on changing priorities
• Performs other related duties as assigned
• Financial Services industry experience preferred
• Previous experience working at a Fortune 500 company preferred
About the Company
Dragon Recruiting is a leading international staffing and recruitment company, head-quartered in London, with further offices all over the globe. Our clients range from numerous well known UK and international businesses. We also represent a wide range of less well known clients - helping them to find staff for their businesses around the world.
As an international recruitment agency, our clients benefit from a vast network of human resource specialists who attract, cultivate and connect organisations to talent in both global and local markets. Our unrivalled
scope of services and global reach allow us to share candidates and roles across borders. With greater coverage and tools, we can ensure our clients and candidates all get the best outcome for their recruitment needs.
With experience of over 3 decades we are recruiting more than 10,000 workers annually to and from the UK, USA and the Middle East and several other Asian countries. We specialize in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.