Job description / Role
The Assistant Manager is responsible for supporting the Shop/Department Manager in the effective running of the Shop/Department and replacing him/her when needed, in order to ensure the highest standards of customer service are achieved and maintained.
- Communicate sales plans and targets to the Shop/Department team, monitor performance on anon going basis, and suggest corrective actions to hierarchy when needed.
- Assign routine and non-routine tasks and assist in the schedule preparation for the Sales Associate, Cashiers and Coordinators (when applicable) and ensure that activities are carried out in the most efficient manner
- Greet customers and ensure that they are served by shop staff in a timely manner and in compliance with quality and customer service standards
- Report occurring operational issues and handle customer complaints in in a timely manner, suggest solutions or escalate them as appropriate in order to ensure operational effectiveness and customer satisfaction
- Handle or assist the Shop/Department Manager in handling the maintenance of inventories and placement of product orders to ensure effective stock management and availability of products
- Motivate team members and provide them with the necessary support in terms of training and development in order to optimize sales results
- Supervise the Opening process of the shop in order to ensure that all set procedures regarding petty cash, reporting, systems, etc. are respected
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1 - 2 years of experience in a managerial role; experience in retail is a plus
- Good product knowledge and understanding of store operating procedures
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Fluency in English
About the Company
Azadea Group is a premier fashion and lifestyle retail company that owns and operates more than 50 leading international franchise concepts across the Middle East, North Africa, Asia and Europe. Since its inception in 1978, the Group has grown a substantial chain of stores representing leading international brand names in fashion and accessories, food and beverage, home furnishing, sporting goods and multimedia.With over 11,000 employees, the company boasts a solid infrastructure overseeing more than 600 stores spread across 15 countries including Algeria, Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Ghana, Iraq, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar and United Arab Emirates.