Acquire an in-depth knowledge of the key aspects of Strategic Crisis Management. Learn how to identify incidents and crises so you can cultivate and harness the potential successes of a crisis. At the incident site learn how to avoid miss-management and so make a bad situation worse. Learn how to generate ownership and responsibility by all stakeholders to ensure your organization responds efficiently and effectively. Learn how to recognize and prioritize the issues that are most likely to affect corporate reputation during and after crisis.Learn the fundamentals of organizing and managing Crisis or Emergency Control Centers. Learn how to plan and manage multi agency exercises and make them more rewarding and exciting. Take away step by step guidance on how to validate plans to improve staff ownership to augment training programs and to raise awareness. Describe the steps in the decision making process. Identify the assumptions of the rational decision making model. Define certainty risk and uncertainty as they relate to decision making. Describe the actions of the bounded rational decision maker. Identify the two types of decision problems and the two types of decisions that are used to solve them. Define heuristics and explain how they affect the decision making process. Identify four decision making styles. Describe the advantages and disadvantages of group decisions.
Who should take this course
This program will be of benefit to those who find themselves responsible for leading on or implementing. Crisis Management response and recovery mechanisms. In addition it will raise the awareness of those Senior Executives who may need to make decisions properly.
Day 1 - Understanding Crisis Management:
- How to manage a crisis? Virtually every crisis contains the seeds of success as well as the roots of failure.
- The Rationale of the Crisis Manager.
Consider the range of risks:
- Natural/Environmental; Hazards; Technological - loss of utilities/product/process/plant, Human Error
- Sabotage and Terrorism. Crisis Managers - Roles & Responsibilities - manage the issue before it becomes a Crisis.
Day 2 - Who decides who sits in the 'hot-seat'?
- Case Studies why some companies fail and others survive?
- Who owns the mitigation process?
- Self-evaluating questionnaires
- Developing and Implementing Emergency Plans
- Twelve point check list covering the whole planning process
- Mutual Aid arrangements
- Company-wide strategic contingency plans
- Service or departmental plans
- Building evacuation plans
Day 3 - Crisis Management and Communications:
- Emergency Centre/s
- Developing and implementing a Business Continuity Management (BCM) strategy
- Business Impact Analysis.
- Case Study and Workshop
- Dealing with a crisis - the 'communications' perspective
- Command and Control Issues
- Operational (at the scene)
- Tactical (at the forward control point/incident command)
- Strategic (boardroom level/emergency operations centre)
- On Scene Crisis Management essential elements for success
Day 4 - Reputation Management - Managing the Media. 'How to' sessions:
- Organizing a Press Conference Conducting Radio and Television Interviews
- Case Study Exercise: Crisis Communications Strategy.
- Develop a crisis communications strategy and action plan based upon a given scenario
- Incident Management & Aftermath
- Alerting and Warning. Case Studies.
- What can go right and what can go wrong
Day 5 - Potential Psychological & Welfare problems in Crisis Management:
- How to improve staff morale and confidence in the process
- The psychological effects during and after an incident involving injuries - and worse
- Looking after yourself and your staff
- Leadership Behavior and Behavioral Safety
About Course Provider
London Training for Excellence offer a wide range of training courses in London for organisations and individuals who wish to advance their skills and knowledge in the business world. With a great training centre in London, London TFE have everything that is needed to understand the basic needs of a business. Each course focuses on the ‘real-life’ issues a business could face and how to tackle them with ease.
London TFE have a team of enthusiastic leaders and instructors who share a passion for education and want to deliver that same passion to every individual who wish to take a business to succession. Each training courses London encourages individual to aim high and reach their full potential.
How to enroll?
Provide us with your contact details, course provider will get back to you.