Job description / Role
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven calibers with entrepreneurship mindset. If you'd like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history. We are looking for a dynamic, customer-obsessed, and organized self-starter to join as an Account Manager to grow the 3P marketplace in Egypt.
This position is chartered with acquiring, developing and managing high value accounts that secure new products selection, value pricing & convenience to our customers. Specifically, this individual will be responsible for analyzing product selection gaps and execute GTM strategies to attract key market players to join the eCommerce and maximize our products’ selection edge & customer base accordingly.
- Developing a thorough understanding of the market segment, seasonality and global trends/events, and continually monitoring competitor efforts
- Identifying, prospecting, and acquiring high-potential sellers to our platform through direct sales visits, events, and presentations.
- Guiding sellers through sharing best-practices of online selling, including data-driven insights that help sellers achieve high standards of delivery, customer experience & business targets.
- Collaborating with and influencing a number of internal and external stakeholders to understand and resolve seller issues.
- A bachelor's degree is required.
- Ideal candidates must possess 4+ years of successful enterprise class sales experience, preferably in the eCommerce, technology, Retail, FMCG industries.
- Demonstrated success in exceeding sales targets using a consultative & solutions-focused approaches.
- Experience selling nascent products/services into new markets is strongly desired.
- Superior communication and presentation skills, a strong working knowledge of Excel and MS Office applications, an ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment and be very passionate about success and winning.
- Excellent business judgment with strong written and oral communication skills
- Superior analytical abilities and quantitative skills.
- Comfortable with complex financial data. Polished communication skills - speaking, writing, presenting and negotiating
- Ability to think and lead in a high-energy, fast-paced environment Comfortable with “hands-on” management of tasks, and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- 2+ Years E-commerce experience is a Plus
- 3+ Years Direct Sales Experience
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.