Job description / Role
Accountant (General Accounting) M/F
About the company
RATP Dev, is a multinational French company, operating across the world, is committed to developing and optimizing public transportation systems. Everywhere, we operate to boost the local economy and quality of life of our passengers. Everywhere, we are driven by excellence, passion, and determination in welcoming challenge.
RATP Dev Middle East is the regional head office of RATP Dev which operates and maintains urban transportation systems in 13 countries, on four continents, carrying more than 1.5 billion annual passengers on its networks. Headquartered in Dubai for 10 years, RATP Dev Middle East has become a leading innovative and sustainable mobility players in the MENA region. Recognized as a worldwide expert in automated metro, RATP Dev has been awarded significant contracts in the Middle East and is now operating a total of 5 driverless metro lines in the region, including two of the Riyadh metro in Saudi Arabia.
In the larger MENA region, RATP Dev operates Algiers metro, Algeria's tramway networks, and Casablanca (Morocco) tramways. RATP Dev will soon be in charge of the operations and maintenance of Cairo Line 3 and its future extension therefore we are actively sourcing quality talent for this new and exciting venture in Egypt.
About the job
- You'll be responsible for establishing financial statements, oversee the finance aspects of the plan and the business. Responsible for closing accounts, budgeting , the finance reports and supporting the stakeholders in decision making
- Prepare daily Accounting records and Journal entries.
- Review and processing expense invoices.
- Review and validate revenue invoices.
- Cash transaction booking on accounting system.
- Coordinate with all stakeholders to make sure that all receivables are collected.
- Assist in preparing financial reports and Statements (Budgets, Profit & Loss Statement, Balance Sheet)
- Perform financial analysis and reporting to management as needed
- Update financial data in databases to ensure that information will be accurate and immediately available when needed
- Assist Chief Accountant in the preparation of monthly/yearly closings
- Bachelor of Commerce in Accounting - Certificates specialized in management accounting such as CMA or CPA
- 2-5 years relevant work experience within multinational environment; preferably 2 years' experience in transportation/ railway industry
- Experience with statutory financial requirement, Egyptian Accounting Standards (EAS) is a must. Knowledge IFRS reporting standards is favorable
- Experience with AI reporting tool is a valuable (TIBCO Spotfire, Power BI, Looker). Experience of SAAG accounting system is desirable
- Prior experience in budget monitoring and financial reporting
- Excellent command of spoken and written English and Arabic
- Competency in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) (specially Excel ).
- Strong communication, presentation, teamwork skills and leadership skills.
- Excellent organization, analytical, detailed oriented and planning skills
- Superior mathematical skills and ability to work under pressure and meet deadline
- Strong presentation skills, able to explain concepts concisely and accurately
- Exceptionally well organized with an aptitude for data
- 01 - Permanent contract
- Africa, Egypt
- Cairo, Egypt
- Level of education required
- Bachelor or equivalent
- Level of experience required
- From 2 to 5 years
- Arabic (D - Mother tongue)
- English (C - Fluent)
About the Company
We operate and maintain urban and intercity transportation systems in 12 countries, on four continents, carrying more than 1.5 billion annual passengers on our networks.
Our parent company, RATP, is the transportation operator for Paris and the surrounding region. It ensures 12 million trips a day on one of the world's densest and most multi-modal transportation network.
As the world's fifth-largest transportation company, RATP Group runs and maintains tens of thousands of kilometers of subway, bus, tram, and urban or intercity rail lines around the globe.
Every day we innovate for smarter, more sustainable cities by designing, operating and maintaining networks for the well-being of our passengers. Our key words: passion and determination.
TGC Consulting Middle East
Dubai Parks and Resorts
Emirates Refreshments Company
Styro Insulations Materials Ind. LLC
An Educational Investment Group that Owns and Runs Schools in the UAE