Job description / Role
• Study the project contract documents (time schedule, project design drawings, BOQ, etc.).
• Prepare the shop drawings and handle any proposal from design point of view and present the QS for it.
• Update the shop drawing log before sending to the consultant for approvals.
• Study and prepare requests for information (RFIs) for all missing, unclear, conflicting, or other technical matters that may arise during construction.
• Review sub-contractors’ shop drawings as well as outsourced sop drawings and coordinate them.
• approval process with the project consultant.
• Coordinate with the Surveying Engineer to provide him all the information about land coordinates and any site measurement required.
• Participate in solving/reporting any unexpected technical difficulties, and other problems that may arise during construction to the Technical Office Manager for discussion and proper solution.
• Prepare as-built drawings at the end of the project and hand over to the project consultant.
• Bachelor’s degree in Architecture Engineering
• Minimum five years of experience in the same field, GCC Experience in preferred.
• Infrastructure & Landscape Construction experience is a MUST.
• Excellent Command of Arabic & English language skills.
• Excellent user in all engineering softwares AutoCAD , Primavera , SAP or ETAP ,BIM, 3D MAX , Revit.
• Proven experience with technical drawings and details.
• Extensive knowledge of preparing BOQs (in both Arabic & English languages) including quantity surveys.
• Knowledge of design standards, GCC codes, and government regulations.
• Possession of great work ethic, high degree of integrity, and willingness to put in the hours whenever needed.
• High organization skills and ability to prioritize & concurrently service multiple projects.
• Critical thinking, using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
• Interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate with clients, consultants, contractors, suppliers, and other team members.
About the Company
Externa is built on the foundations of successful partnerships of shareholders across multiple market segments and areas of expertise. With a primary focus on Infrastructure & Landscape, Externa operates in the fields of Construction Services, Engineering & Trading, and Manufacturing across 3 countries – KSA, Bahrain, Egypt.
Bringing together regional & local industry leaders in Construction, Systems Integration, Landscape Contracting, Lighting & Low Current Solutions, and Lighting Manufacturing, paved the way for our initial start, guided by a clear vision and a healthy leadership team with set goals & priorities to guide the organization.
Our firm commitment to investment in human capital & innovation in how we conduct business are corenerstones to our strategy.