Job description / Role
Souq.com, an Amazon Company, is the largest ecommerce site in the Arab world. Every month, Souq.com attracts more than 41 million visits to its catalogue of more than 8.5 million unique products in 35 different categories, including consumer electronics, household goods, fashion, watches, perfumes, toys, and baby products. Established in 2005, Souq.com today operates both as an award-winning retail business and an online marketplace that allows SMEs, merchants, brands and distributors to distribute their products online. With more than 4,000 employees, We have offices and local operations in UAE, Egypt, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and leading Product and Engineering centers in Jordan and India, offering a unique opportunity to join the leading player in an ever growing and exciting industry.
The Associate Vendor Manager position is for a passionate customer and category advocate within Amazon, with proven analytical capabilities and project management skills, great attention to detail, the ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task, and a proven record of driving category growth. The AVM must be an effective leader and communicator in working with some of Amazon’s most important partners and vendors, as well as with internal colleagues and cross-functional leaders. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with a passion for retail and a high level of flexibility and commitment.
- Financial & Business Operations possessing an understanding of external and internal variables that impact the business.
- Good understanding of the industry, seasonality, business trends / events and continually monitoring competitors and industry developments
- Maximize Amazon’s business, profitability and selection expansion opportunities
- Manage vendor relationships and contracts
- Negotiate and secure marketing and product support funds
- Explore new opportunities with existing and new brands to meet and exceed revenue and profitability targets
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business or a Supply Chain/Procurement/Operations discipline
- 5+ years of relevant experience in retail, operations, product or program management and/or business management/consulting with a proven record of negotiations and delivering results
- Ability to think and react in a high-energy, fast paced environment.
- Strong proficiency in analysis tools including Microsoft Excel
- Detail oriented
- Arabic and English language proficiency both written and verbal
- Ability to think and react in a high-energy, fast-paced
- Experience in vendor negotiations, pricing and promotion, inventory management, and product development.
- Advanced experience with Excel, or other analytical/Business Intelligence tools.
- Highly polished communication skills - speaking, writing, presenting and negotiating.
- Ability to operate simultaneously and effectively in both tactical and strategic modes.
- A willingness to roll up sleeves to get things done
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.