Job description / Role
The Oracle Retail Consulting group is looking for dynamic professionals to join our Commerce Consulting practice.
Oracle is a market leader in eCommerce, Omni Channel, and Cloud and our consulting team is at the forefront of implementing industry leading solutions for our clients.
This is a fast paced and rapidly evolving environment with tremendous opportunities for professional growth and development.
Role Description and Purpose
Through demonstrated expertise and skills in web application design and development, this person will become an indispensable project resource as part of a larger consulting team. Expertise and work efforts focus primarily on being a subject matter expert on our Commerce Cloud product to ensure quality of project deliverables. The consulting engineer operates under minimal supervision on medium to large size projects involving multiple products and/or platforms. This person works closely with an architect, a Project Manager, and other consulting engineers and achieves results through strong subject matter expertise, collaboration, and teamwork.
To perform at this level, strong analytical and technical skills are required. The ability to communicate effectively with team members and customers is a must.
We are looking for expert developers who can write clean, well-designed, readable, and elegant code. We are looking for creative problem solvers and innovative thinkers. We offer a great opportunity to work on a successful and growing team where you will be likely to see and use the software you build in your daily life as you interact with brands around the world.
As a consulting Engineer, you will have the opportunity to work on many different projects and assume varying responsibilities. You will apply the knowledge of software architecture to perform software development tasks associated with developing, debugging or designing software applications according to provided design specifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, implement and test new platform features and enhancements
- Acquire knowledge of existing code and refactor code as needed to meet the needs of the evolving platform
- Collaborate and work with other members of the team to deliver high quality product code on time
- Estimate level of effort to code and test moderately difficult to complex requirements
- Create key project deliverables, including technical specifications, unit tests, and tested code
- Submit status updates on all project activities to the Team Lead/Project Manager
Experience / Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related subject or equivalent experience in technology-related field
- Typically, 3 - 5 years developing software in node.js and typescript.
- Knowledgeable in best practices and design patterns.
- Excellent programming, unit testing, debugging and code organization skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrate analytic and problem-solving skills
- Quick learner and have a great attitude as a team player
Technical Skills Required
- Demonstrated expertise in node.js and typescript.
- Experience working with REST APIs
- Familiarity with source control processes & tools (eg. Git, BitBucket, Subversion, CVS)
- Experience with IDE's (eg. Eclipse, WebStorm, VisualStudio Code)
- Experience with CICD (Jenkins, Sonar, etc) highly desirable.
- Experience working with ecommerce systems
- Experience with Cloud (SaaS) concepts, architecture and delivery model beneficial
- Experience integrating with 3 rd party systems (Payment processors, etc)
- Self-starter, with the ability to work independently and without the need for individual task-management and supervision.
- Ability to organise personal work time around client availability, travel requirements and other constraints in order to meet the assigned deliverables within agreed time/cost constraints and client expectations
About the Company
Oracle offers an integrated array of applications, databases, servers, storage, and cloud technologies to empower modern business. For most companies, flexibility is critical. Oracle provides a wide choice of software, systems, and cloud deployment models - including public, on-premises, and hybrid clouds - to ensure that technology flexes to the unique needs of a business.
Oracle Cloud is a complete, integrated stack of platform, infrastructure, and application services. With advanced scalability and security, Oracle Cloud enables technical agility across the enterprise, connects people to information for clearer insights, and fosters efficiency through simplified workflows.
More than 420,000 customers across 145 countries have harnessed Oracle technology to accelerate their digital transformation.