Job description / Role
Principal Functions (Major Areas of Responsibility)
An end-to-end sales and business development role that involves prospecting opportunities; pitching and deal negotiations and closure; creating new business models and helping to grow the business; analyzing the market and making sure competitive landscape is being met; reporting and forecasting. Main focus is to drive sales from creators/ talent content and their brands through brand integrations, sponsorships and branded content deals. Role is also responsible to help grow independent talent.
• Identifying target markets and key opportunities, and within them target clients through to initiating contact identifying the key client personnel and stakeholders.
• Lead Sales pitches with prospect clients and brands from concepts to closure covering advertising and sponsorships opportunities.
• Commercial and legal contract negotiations and deal closing.
• Identify market opportunities and leads for revenue generation and pitch/close brand integration and sponsorship deals with prospect advertisers and brands.
• Priority markets: KSA, UAE, Qatar and Kuwait.
• Pitch and manage execution of Branded Content deals with several teams internally (execution of brief, contracts, payments)
• Working with creative designer and video editors to generate sales pitch presentations and materials including mock ups, prototypes, etc.
• Identify opportunities for talent to integrate brands into their content and help them to implement it.
• Create opportunities for talent to collaborate - both remotely and locally, and across verticals.
• Identify and manage a network of outsourced agencies and freelancers to execute campaigns.
• Identify potential campaign-related risks and work proactively to control it.
• Monitor campaigns performance measuring it against specific KPIs and reporting/communicating it to client.
• 6+ years digital sales or digital production experience preferably in an agency setting/ telecom industry professionals will be considered.
• Proven deal closing skills, additional business prospecting is the main requirement.
• Client and customer centric who is keen to deliver superb customer experience and servicing quality and a unique value to our partners, customers and clients.
• Understand the sales lifecycle and manages the process effectively.
• Self-starter, results driven, extremely organized, energetic, flexible and adapts positively to change, very punctual and respects deadlines.
• A thorough understanding of the digital landscape (globally and regionally) and excellent knowledge of digital products, platforms and applications.
• Flexibility to travel overseas and to work outside working hours – A valid driving license.
• A news junkie who has keen awareness of entertainment news, pop culture and social media trends.
• Familiarity with top entertainment and sites/apps and associated social media.
• Good knowledge of variations across Arab culture.
About the Company
Qanawat (meaning ‘Channels’ in Arabic) is a provider of various comprehensive services related to mobile phone content and technology.
Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Dubai, UAE, we have strategically teamed up with around 45 Tier 1 mobile operators in 22 countries, over 300 local and international providers of high quality content and several key players in the mobile advertising arena.