Job description / Role
Our corporate tax practice revolves around helping our clients effectively manage their tax obligations proactively and responsibly. Our unwavering commitment to quality service and our technical networks enable you to help clients reduce inefficiencies, mitigate risk and improve opportunities within their corporate/ withholding tax functions.
As part of a MENA team of more than 300 tax professionals in 16 countries across 21 offices, you will advise clients on planning, compliance and reporting wherever the client has needs.
Your key responsibilities
Our business tax services help clients succeed by assisting them with the strategic and operational challenges facing their tax functions, analyzing tax opportunities and benefits that can be attained by them, assisting clients in identifying and managing strategic opportunities and risks that relate to significant prospective planning, and providing tax-related domestic and cross-border planning and compliance assistance to business-connected individuals and their associated entities.
Skills and attributes for success
- If you are an energetic and motivated professional with strong analytical and problem- solving skills, you will get the experience to develop within the Tax practice and get exposed to major clients and projects throughout the Middle East.
To qualify for the role you must have
- A degree in a relevant field (Accountancy/ Commerce/ Law)
- 1-3 years of business tax compliance and advisory experience within a Big 4/ Accounting firm
Ideally, you'll also have
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Accounting/ Tax professional qualification (ACA, CA, CPA, ACCA, CTA, ADIT)
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator with attention to detail, you'll be a confident team player that collaborates with people from various teams while looking to develop your career in a dynamic organization.
What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Build your legacy with us.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transactions and advisory services. Our 167,000 people are united by our shared values, which inspire our people worldwide and guide them to do the right thing, and our commitment to quality, which is embedded in who we are and everything we do.
EY is committed to doing its part in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.