Job description / Role
Souq.com, an Amazon.com Company, is the largest eCommerce site in the Arab world. Every month, Souq.com attracts more than 41 million visits to its catalog of more than 8.5 million unique products in 35 different categories, including consumer electronics, household goods, fashion, watches, perfumes, toys, and baby products.
· Development of data collection processes and data management systems.
· Maintain data integrity with 0% error rate.
· Development of queries, compilation of data, and generation of reports in MS Access and Excel.
· Charting and graphing of data for reporting purposes.
· In depth analysis of defect trends.
· Contribute in creating the items’ catalogs on our website in relevance to predefined guidelines.
· Contribute in enhancing the existing catalogs on our website to meet the quality standards.
· Dealing with cross-functional teams to ensure proper execution and results’ delivery.
· University degree.
· 2 years of relevant experience in a business analyst/data analyst/statistical analysis role.
· Proficiency in SQL and Microsoft Excel
· English proficiency in terms of speaking and writing skills.
· Translation proficiency from English to Arabic & vice versa.
· Excellent web browsing skills.
· Effective communication skills.
· Sharp eye on details.
· Multitasking skills.
· Familiar with e-commerce industry.
· Python Programming Language is a plus.
· Proven experience in identifying opportunities for business improvement and measuring the success of those initiatives.
· Demonstrated problem solving skills and analytical skill.
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.