Job description / Role
Amazon is the largest e-commerce site in the Arab world. Every month, Amazon attracts more than 41 million visits to its catalogue of more than 8.5 million unique products in 35 different categories, including consumer electronics, household goods, fashion, watches, perfumes, toys, and baby products.
With more than 4,000 employees, We have offices and local operations in UAE, Egypt, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and leading Product and Engineering centers in Jordan and India, offering a unique opportunity to join the leading player in an ever growing and exciting industry.
We are looking for a smart, results-oriented Site Merchandiser to grow our business. The successful candidate will be responsible for planning and executing best in class site and email merchandising strategies. This role is based in Egypt.
The Site Merchandiser will ensure that accurate, comprehensive and high-quality product information is available on all products we carry, and that customer expectations are set and met to a high standard. He or she will write and schedule content on emails, home pages, category pages, and pages across the site, compile and analyze traffic and other web metrics, and report on performance to our management teams.
He or she will propose, plan and execute new features, stores, and products with minimal oversight, partnering with business and technical teams to achieve project goals. He or she will help to drive feature launches and site improvements to completion by coordinating with project managers, developers, the marketing team, designers, and other editors in similar roles across the business. Technical requirements include include Excel, and the ability to learn XML basics and our in-house tools, quickly.
The successful candidate will be detail-oriented, capable of handling multiple projects at once, able to take direction, and work well with multiple teams. In addition to having first-class written and verbal communication skills, this Site Merchandiser will be able to prioritize to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
The ideal candidate will be innovative and internally motivated and have strong interest in and experience with online merchandising
Ongoing responsibilities include:
· Tracking and analyzing customer needs based on customer behaviors including searching, browsing and purchasing, identifying problems and opportunities and responding accordingly, engaging the cross-functional team where necessary
· Planning and executing the site merchandising calendar. This includes email programs, new product launches, cross-category placements, developing and executing Amazon site-wide events, browse tree design and search results
· Develop merchandising for large store-wide promotions, and work closely with Category and Marketing to schedule promotions
· Create emails, category pages, brand stores, campaigns, and develop and manage free search improvement projects
· Synthesize and analyze relevant content metrics
· Propose new traffic-driving content strategies
· Regularly develop, test and analyze new merchandising tactics that sell products across all categories and increase conversion rates, documenting the results and sharing best practices with the team
· Bachelor’s degree
· 5+ years of relevant experience in Consumer goods business/marketing.
· Experience designing and executing online customer experiences
· Strong communication skills; experience in coordinating teams and communicating to senior management
· Strong bias for action and ability to prioritize
· Ability to use hard data and metrics to back up feature and customer segment recommendations
· Aptitude for organization, flexibility and producing results in a fast paced environment
· Capability to meet our technical requirements, which include Excel, and the ability to learn XML basics and our in-house tools, quickly
· Influencing abilities and vendor management experience.
· Ability to think and react in a high-energy, fast-paced environment.
· Experience in vendor negotiations, pricing and promotion, inventory management, and product development.
· Advanced experience with Excel, or other analytical/Business Intelligence tools.
· Highly polished communication skills - speaking, writing, presenting and negotiating.
· Ability to operate simultaneously and effectively in both tactical and strategic modes.
· A willingness to roll up sleeves to get things done. Experience launching a new country.
· Working in a start-up or early stage environment where you will be defining best practice for your function.
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.