Job description / Role
Amazon.com strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon.com continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform. Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of the company's DNA. The world's brightest technology minds come to Amazon.com to research and develop technology that improves the lives of shoppers and sellers around the world.
Amazon Worldwide Operations is the underlying fulfillment and customer service engine that ensures Amazon creates the same consistent, world-class customer experience every time. We are looking for high-potential, flexible, innovative, and forward-thinking professionals to join our MENA Ops Integration team. Are you ready to drive high-visibility, strategic, revenue-generating projects as well as leverage Lean methodologies to lead Operational process improvement initiatives? Are you equally comfortable digging into business requirements as you are drilling into architecture and design with development teams?
Join the Ops Integration team an City Manager. As City Manager, you will be responsible for monitoring multiple sites from operations and compliance point of view. You will be working with multiple internal and external stakeholders to achieve timely launches and operations metrics. With customer obsession and a high sense of ownership, you will utilize your skills to identify patterns and any disruptions in it. You should be able to dive deep, scrutinize details and foresee data implications. You must be flexible to work weekends and/or overnight shifts regularly and to travel to sites for launch, set up & monitor operations.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Monitor operations of the assigned sites and suggest & deploy improvements
• Identify useful data accumulated from multiple sources and take necessary actions
• Foresee implications based on current data and trends
• Be organized, apt and prompt in notifying the situation, problem solve and recur prevention
• Serve as a liaison between the internal and external stakeholders keeping in mind the objectives, limits, conformance and information privacy
• Train & direct associates for action and conformance of norms & practices
• Audit the sites for various operational conformances, restrictions and norms
• Conduct audits on based on SOPs, analyze data and propose features focusing on improving the Seller experience
• Willingness to travel
• Excellent Communication skills - written and verbal
• Exposure to warehouse reporting system, operations dashboard and tools
• Previous experience in FMCG, warehousing, online retail etc.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to multitask and manage multiple sites simultaneously with attention to detail
• Engineering graduate desirable
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.